Sanskrit/Roman font???

  • kalligraphos
    Message 1 of 215 , Feb 4, 2002
      I'm looking for a roman -letter font (one that
      has Elgnlish-readable "A", "B", "C", etc...) that
      looks like Sanskrit. You know, it has a line on top of
      each character, and a little connector so that the
      actual character is rendered sort of like the descender
      loop on a lower-case "g"...<br><br>The only example I
      know of that's easy to find is one of the typefaces
      they use on the covers of recordings by a band called
      "Kula Shaker".<br><br>PC or Mac format, preferably
      Postscript (NOT TrueType if I can avoid it!). I'd like to
      get a freeware version, but am willing to buy a
      commercial version if anyone knows where such a critter
    • bielerpr
      Message 215 of 215 , Feb 23, 2002
        Printing digital type with the photopolymer process is not the same
        as direct to plate photopolymer.

        One only needs the existant letterpess equipment with the addition of
        a base upon which to mount the plates so that they will print at type
        high. The plates can be processed by a number of commercial and semi-
        commercial outlets.

        There is also "alt" processing. Probably more what you are interested
        in. There are a number of books on this. _Printmaking with
        Photopolymer Plates_ and _Printmaking with the Sun_.

        Gerald