Words

    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 1, 2006
      LACHE
      v. = laugh, chuckle, smile
      EN laugh, NL lachen, DE lachen, DA le, NO le, SV le
      f. PG *hlah- hlah(j)an

      LACHTER
      n. = laughter
      EN laughter, DE Gelächter, DA latter, NO latter
      f. PG *hlahtraz

      EXPLOSIV
      a. = explosive, liable to blow up, loaded with combustible material
      EN explosive, NL explosief, DE explosiv, NO eksplosiv, SV explosiv, IL
      explosive

      SPRENGSTOFF
      n. = explosive
      NL springstof, DE Sprengstoff, DA sprængstof, NO sprengstoff, SV
      sprängstoff
      f. SPRENG + STOFF

      GELL
      a. = yellow
      EN yellow, NL geel, DE gelb, DA gul, NO gul, SV gul, IL jalne, Slovio
      zxolt-ju
      f. PG *gel-, *gelwa f. PIE *ghel-/*ghol-

      RÖD
      a. = red
      EN red, NL rood, DE rot, DA rød, NO rød, SV röd, IL rubie
      f. PG *raudhaz f. PIE reudh-

      ALLSO
      conjunction, adv. = so, therefore, thus
      EN also, NL alzo, DE also, DA altså, NO altså, SV alltså
      f. ALL + SO

      DÖCH
      conjunction., adv. = though, although, anyhow, anyway, but, for all
      that, however, nevertheless, only, still, yet
      EN though, NL doch, toch(?), DE doch, DA dog, NO dog, SV dock
      f. PG *thauh

      ÛTEN
      prep., adv. = without, apart from, besides, but, except, except for,
      excepting, exclusive, exclusive of, other than, out of, outside of,
      save, to the exclusion of, with the exception of
      -er and -en versions of *ût have merged or swapped meaning in certain
      germlangs. i have analysed them together and then arbitrarily split the
      meanings between versions
      EN but, outer, NL buiten, uiterlijk, DE außer, außen, DA uden, ydre, NO
      uten, ytre, SV utan, utom, yttre
      f. PG *ût + -EN

      ÛTER
      a., adv. = outer, exterior, external, externally, in the country, in the
      open, outside, outwardly
      -er and -en versions of *ût have merged or swapped meaning in certain
      germlangs. i have analysed them together and then arbitrarily split the
      meanings between versions
      EN but, outer, NL buiten, uiterlijk, DE außer, außen, DA uden, ydre, NO
      uten, ytre, SV utan, utom, yttre
      f. PG *ût + -ER

      WUND
      n. = wound, hurt, injury, lesion
      EN wound, NL wond, DE Wunde
      PG *wundaz

      FERWUNDE
      v. = wound, hurt, injure, bruise, contuse
      EN wound, NL verwonden, DE verwunden
      f. FER- + WUND + -E

      LYGEN
      n. = lie, untruth, falsehood, deceit, deception, cheating, fooling
      EN lie, NL leugen, DE Lüge, DA løgn, NO løgn, SV lögn
      f. PG *luginô

      sêr
      n. = sore, aching, pain, wound
      EN sore, NL zeer, DE Sehr (archaic), DA sår, NO sår, SV sår
      f., PG *sairaz

      FORHEN
      adv. = formerly, previously
      NL voorheen, DE vorhin, vorher, DA forhen, forhenværende, NO forhenværende

      FORGÂEND
      a. = foregoing, former, introductory, preceding, preliminary, previous,
      prior , progressing
      NL voorafgaand, voorgaand, DE vorhergehend, DA forbigangen, forbigående,
      SV föregående, förgången
      f. FOR- + GÂE + -END

      ÊGENLIK
      a. = actual, real, true
      or possibly "ÊGENTLIK"
      NL eigenlijk, DE eigentlich, DA egentlig, egentligt, NO egentlig, SV
      egentligen, egentlig
      f. ÊGEN + -LIK

      ÊGENLIK
      adv. = actually, really, in fact
      or possibly "ÊGENTLIK"
      NL eigenlijk, DE eigentlich, DA egentlig, egentligt, NO egentlig, SV
      egentligen, egentlig
      f. ÊGEN + -lik

      WERKLIK
      a. = actual, genuine, real, true, veritable
      NL werkelijk, DE wirklich, SV verklig, verkligen
      f. WERKE + LIK

      WERKLIK
      adv. = actually, certainly, in fact, indeed, really, truly
      NL werkelijk, DE wirklich, SV verklig, verkligen
      f. WERK + -LIK

      WÂRLIK
      adv. = verily, actually, indeed, really, truly
      EN verily, NL waarlijk, DE wahrlich
      f. WÂR + -LIK

      INĐEDÂD
      adv. = indeed, actually, certainly, definitely, in fact, in truth, it's
      true, really, to be sure, truly, verily
      EN indeed, NL inderdaad, DE in der Tat
      f. IN + ĐE + DÂD

      INĐEDÂD
      a. = actual, real, genuine
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 2, 2006
        Hi David,

        I noticed that sometimes when I modify my Wordskatt you add similar
        words to your Ueberlist (and vice versa, I often think about your new
        words, which inspires me to add new words to my list).
        If yes, I would appreciate some feed-back from time to time.
        I would also like to know if you found the comments I gave to you
        usefull or not.
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 3, 2006
          Yes sometimes I am inspired to create words based upon what you or
          other FSers write. It is good to have the perspective of someone who
          approachs FS from a different point of view and has a different native
          language.
          I have trouble reading your Wordskatt on your Wiki, to tell you the
          truth. Is there anyway of seperating out the new(er) words and
          updates, so I don't need to digest it all at once?

          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 4, 2006
            It's good to have some feedback, Dave. Thank you.
            I guess the main reason for the Wordskatt to be difficult to read is
            that the FS vocabulary is always written in Fulkspraek. This is
            because my transformation rules (Fulkspraek to Folksprak) were still
            changing. Now, so I guess, they have come to a stable static version,
            and I might even dare to write the Folksprak-version for each
            Fulkspraek-vocabulary. Would this make the Wordkskatt easier to read,
            or do have other ideas?
            At the moment I'm concentrating on FS morphology, which causes many,
            many examples in the Wordskatt. I am defining -lik, -ig, fer-, ge-,
            be- and others are about to follow.
            I have just re-worked on the vocabularies based on PG *laub. Pretty a
            puzzle.
            Unfortunately you would need to browse the Wikibook-page's history in
            order to see changes and subsequently new entries in it. This is not
            that comfortable like your approach, but it could work. At the moment
            each new vocabulary gets formatted in a way that I find better to
            read: a cognate vocabulary (for example DE Haus, EN house, cognates of
            FS hus) is written bold. So wherever you encounter a bold word, it is
            probably new.

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 4, 2006
              I have improved the format of my Wordskatt (partially, i. e. for the
              letter L). For example:

              lub-o >> lub > luv (DE Liebe)(EN love, luv)

              means:
              Proto Germanic form: lub-o
              Fulkspraek form: lub
              Folksprak form: lov
              German form: Liebe
              Englisch form: love, luv

              Your feedback is welcome.

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 4, 2006
                Oops, I forgot to mention the URL (you might bookmark it):

                http://de.wikibooks.org/wiki/Folksprak/_Wortschatz

                Bye,
                Stephan

                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 4, 2006
                  Why don't you post summaries of you new words on the Yahoo group? This
                  is where FSers are most likely to read them and are able to review and
                  critique them.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 5, 2006
                    OK, so here comes the L section of the Wordskatt. Since former
                    versions were difficult to read, I treat these words as new ones.
                    Critics are very welcome.

                    Who would like to add modern germanic forms or do other corrections,
                    please feel free to do so at:

                    http://de.wikibooks.org/wiki/Folksprak/_Wortschatz#L

                    clicking on "Bearbeiten" at the top right of the screen, saving
                    with "Seite speichern" after you have finished. You don't need to log
                    in.

                    I recommend reading these new words directly from the source (see
                    link above), since a little bit formatting gets lost in this posting,
                    unfortunately.

                    Bye,
                    Stephan

                    ((UTF-8 encoding))

                    lade < lædĕ <!< laid-o (DE laden)(NL laden)(DA læs)(EN load)
                    lag < lag << lag-an (EN law)
                    lag < læg < læg-az (DE läge)(DE low)
                    lam < lam < lam-on (DE lahm)(EN lame)
                    lamm < lamm < lam-b-az (DE Lamm)(EN lamb) [-b-]
                    land < land << land-om (DE Land)(EN land)(NL land)(DA land)
                    geland < gălãnd [ga + land] (DE Gelände [Kollektiv])
                    hinderland < ħȅndĕrland [ħȅndĕr + land] (DE Hinterland)
                    landskap < landskap [land + skap] (DE Landschaft, „Auftreten des
                    Landes“)(EN landscape)
                    lang < lang << langg-az (DE lang)(EN long)
                    langt < langŧ [lang + ith/1] << lang-ith-o (DE Länge, „erreichter
                    Zustand des Langseins“)(EN length)
                    lenge< lȁngĕ [lang] << lang-ij-an (DE lingen[?])(EN linger)
                    lange < lãngĕ [lang + e] (DE Länge)(EN length)
                    enlang < Ä­nlang [in + lang] (DE entlang)(EN along)
                    gelenge < gălȁngĕ [ga/<verb> + lȁngĕ] (DE gelingen)
                    lapp < lapp << lapp- (DE Lappen)(EN lap)
                    laser < lasĕr << EN laser (DE Laser)(EN laser)
                    lat < lat << lat-as (DE Laß)(NL laat)(EN lat)
                    lat < lat << lat-as (DE spät)(EN late)
                    lave < labĕ << LA lavare (DE laben)
                    lavsal < labsal [labĕ + sal] (DE Labsal)
                    lede < lạÄ`ĕ >> WG laith-j-an (DE leiten)(EN lead)(NL leiden)(DA lede)
                    gelede < gălạÄ`ĕ [ga/<verb> + lạÄ`ĕ] (DE geleiten, „mit sich zusammen
                    leiten“)
                    leder < leÄ`ĕr < leth-r-a- (DE Leder)(EN leather)
                    leger < legĕr << leg-r-an (DE Lager)(EN lair)
                    legg < lȁgg << lag-j-az (DE Bein)(EN leg)
                    lem < lạm << laim-on (DE Lehm)
                    lend < lȁnd << land-j-o (DE Lende)
                    lere < lạzĕ <!< lais-ej-an (DE lehren)(EN to teach)
                    ler < lạz [lạzĕ] << laiz-o (DE Lehre)(EN lore)
                    lese [e-a-e] < lesĕ << les-an (DE lesen)(EN to read)
                    lette [e-e-a] < lȁttĕ << lat-j-an (DE lassen)(EN let) [-j-]
                    leve < lạbĕ << laib-ij-an (DE verlassen)(EN leave)
                    lide [i-e-i] < liÄ`ĕ < leith-an (DE (er-)leiden, (er-)fahren) [ei]
                    lid < lid [liÄ`ĕ] (DE Leid)
                    lide < lidĕ << leid-a- (DE leiten)(EN to lead) [ei]
                    ligge [i-a-e] < lėggĕ << leg-j-an (DE liegen)(EN lie) [-j-]
                    legge < lȁggĕ / leggĕ [lėggĕ] << lag-j-an(DE legen)(EN lay)
                    telegge < tŏleggĕ [to + leggĕ] (DE zerlegen, „auseinander legen“)(EN
                    dissamble)
                    teleggung < tŏleggung [tŏleggĕ + ung] (DE Zerlegung)(EN
                    dissamblation)
                    lagg < lȇgg [lȅggĕ] (DE Lage)(EN situation)
                    lihe [i-e-i] < liƕĕ <!< laikhw-n-iz (DE leihen)(EN to loan)
                    liht < lȅnħt/lingħt < lenkth, lingkht-az (DE leicht)(EN light)(DA
                    let) [-nkh-]
                    link < lȅnk [!] [lȅnħt/lingħt] (DE link)(EN left)
                    [bearbeiten]
                    lik
                    lik < lik << lik-an (DE Leiche, Wuchs, Körper, Fleisch)
                    -lik < -lÄ­k [<adjectiv> + lik] (DE -lich)(EN â€"ish, -ly')
                    (DE „irgendwie …“)
                    -lik < -lÄ­k [<substantiv> + lik] (DE -lich)(EN -ly)
                    1. (DE „nach Art eines/des …“)
                    2. (DE „zu jedem …“)
                    -lik < lÄ­k [<verb> + lik] > (DE -lich)(EN â€"able, -ly)
                    (DE „geeignet, neigend, möglich, wert zu …“)

                    gelik < gălik [ga + lik] < ga-lik-az (DE gleich)(EN like)
                    geliknis < găliknĭs [gălik + nis] (DE Gleichnis, „vorhandenes
                    Gleichsein“)
                    gelike [i-e-i] < gălikĕ [gălik] (DE gleichen)
                    fergelike < fŏrgălikĕ [fůr + gălikĕ] (DE vergleichen, „gleich
                    stellen“)(EN „compare“)
                    fergelikbar < fŏrgălikbăr [fŏrgălikĕ + berĕ] (DE
                    vergleichbar, „möglich zu vergleichen“)(EN „comparable“)
                    fergeliklik < fŏrgăliklĭk [fŏrgălikĕ + lik] (DE
                    vergleichlich, „möglich zu vergleichen“)(EN comparable)
                    onfergeliklik < ůnfŏrgăliklĭk [ůn + fŏrgăliklĭk] (DE unvergleichlich)
                    lim < lim << leim-a- (DE Leim)
                    lind < lȅnÄ` << lenth-j-a- (DE lind, geschmeidig, weich)(EN soft)
                    lind < lȅnÄ` << lenth-j-o (DE Linde)
                    linen < linĕn <!< WG lin-am (DE Leinen)(EN linen)
                    -ling < -ling << -ling [?] (DE -ling)(EN -ling)
                    list < list << list-on (DE Liste)(EN list)
                    litium < litium < X litium (DE Litium)
                    live < libĕ << lib-an (DE leben)(NL leven)(DA leve)(EN to live)
                    liv < lib [libĕ] (DE Leib)(EN life)
                    belive < bĭlibĕ [bi + libĕ] (DE bleiben)(NL blijven)(DA blive)(EN
                    live)
                    overbelive < ůbĕrbĭlibĕ [ůbĕr + bĭlibĕ] (DE überbleiben, übrig
                    bleiben)(EN remain)
                    overbelivsel < ůbĕrbĭlibsĕl [ůbĕrbĭlibĕ + sel] (DE Überbleibsel)(EN
                    rest)
                    lod < lḁd << WG laud-a- (DE Lot)(EN lead)(NL lood, loden)(DA lod)(SV
                    lod)
                    loft < lůft << luft-uz (DE Loft)(EN loft)
                    log < lḁg << laug-o (DE Lauge)(EN lye)
                    logdag < lḁgdag [lḁg + dag](DE Sonnabend, Samstag)(EN Saturday)(DA
                    lørdag)
                    lok < lḁk << lauk-a- (DE Lauch)(EN leek)
                    lokig < lḁkĭg [lḁk + ig/2] (DE lauchig, „Lauch aufweisend“)
                    lok < lůk << luk-om (DE Loch)
                    lokk < lůkk << lukk-oz (DE Locke)(EN lock)
                    long < lůng <!< lung-umn-ij-o (DE Lunge)(EN lung) [die Leichten
                    (Organe)]
                    lørne < lȉznĕ << lizn-oj-an (DE lernen)(EN learn)
                    lose < lḁsĕ << laus-a (DE lösen)(NL liezen)(DA løse)(EN loose, lease)
                    losung < lḁsung [lḁsĕ + ung] (DE Lösung)(EN solution)
                    lov < lḁb << laub-az (DE Laub)(NL loof)(EN leaf)
                    lov < lḁb [lḁb] << laub-o (DE Lob, „zur Belohnung gegebenes
                    Laubbüschel“)(DA lov)
                    love < lḁbĕ [lḁb] << laub-oj-an sts (DE loben, „(mittels Laubbüschel)
                    vertraut machen“)
                    gelov < gălḁb [ga + lḁb] << ga-laub-a- (DE vertraut, Vertrauen
                    erweckend)
                    gelove < gălḁbĕ [gălḁb] << WG ga-laub-an, PG ga-laub-ij-an (DE
                    glauben, „sich etwas vertraut machen“)(NL geloven)(EN to believe)
                    gelov < gălḁb [gălḁbĕ] (DE Glaube)(EN belief)
                    løve lọbĕ [lḁb] laub-ij-an sts (DE zusagen)
                    ferløve < fŏrlọbĕ [fůr + lọbĕ] (DE verloben)(DA ferlove)
                    ferløvung < fŏrlọbung [fŏrlọbĕ + ung] (DE Verlobung)
                    geløve < gălọbĕ [ga/<verb> + lọbĕ] ga-laub-ij-an sts (DE
                    geloben, „von sich heraus zusagen“)(DA love)
                    erløve < ŭzlọbĕ << uz-laub-ij-an (DE erlauben)
                    orløv < ůzlọb [ŭzlọbĕ] (DE Urlaub)(EN vacation, permission)
                    løv < lọb [lḁb] << laub-j-on (DE Laube)
                    luft < luft << luft-uz (DE Luft)(NL lucht)(DA luft)
                    luke < lukĕ << luk-a- (DE schließen)(EN to lock)
                    luk < luk << luk-om (DE Luke)
                    lykk < lȕkk << lukk-j-on (DE Lücke, Zusammenschluss)[lėngĕ]
                    gelykk < gălȕkk [ga + lȕkk] << OF gi-lukk-i (DE Glück [Perfektiv])(EN
                    luck)
                    gelykklik < gălȕkklĭk [gălȕkk + lik] (DE glücklich, „nach Art des
                    Glücks (geschehen)“)(EN lucky)
                    ongelykklik < ůngălȕkklĭk [ůn + gălȕkklĭk] (DE unglücklich)
                    lus < lus << lus- (DE Laus)(EN louse)
                    lust < lust << lust-uz (DE Lust)(EN lust)
                    lustig < lustĭg [lust + ig/2] (DE lustig, „Lust bekommen habend“)
                    luv < lub << lub-o (DE Liebe)(EN love, luv)
                    lyve < lȕbĕ << lub-oj-an (DE lieben)(NL lief-)(EN love)
                    lyv < lụb << leub-a- (DE lieb, geliebt)(EN dear)
                    lyvlik < lȕblĭk [lȕbĕ + lik] (DE lieblich, „wert zu lieben“)(EN
                    lovely)
                    lux < lux << lukhs-u- (DE Luchs)
                    ly < lụ << LA leo-n-is (DE Löwe, Leu)(EN lion)
                    lyde < lụdĕ << leud-an (DE wachsen, vgl. Leute)
                    lyd < lụd [lụdĕ] leud-i- (DE Leut, vgl. Leute)
                    lyfte < lȕftĕ << luft-ij-an (DE lüften, lichten)(NL lichten)(DA løfte)
                    (EN to lift)
                    lyge [y-o-o] < lụgĕ << leug-an (DE lügen, leugnen)(EN to lie)
                    log < lȕg [lụgĕ] << lug-in (DE Lug, Lüge)(EN lie)
                    lyht < lụħt < WG leukht-am (DE Licht)(EN light)(DA lys)
                    lyttel < lȕttĕl/lụttĕl < l(e)ut-il-a- (DE lützel, lütt)(EN little) [-
                    PS-]

                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 8, 2006
                      And here comes the M section of the Wordskatt. Critics are welcome.

                      http://de.wikibooks.org/wiki/Folksprak/_Wortschatz#M

                      ((UTF-8 encoding))

                      * mag [œ-a-o] < mag << mag (DE mag (mögen))(EN may)
                      o maht < maħt [mag + ith/3] << makht-uz (DE Macht,
                      „stattfindendes Vermögen")(EN might)
                      o megen mȁgĕn << mag-in-am (DE ?)(EN main)
                      * magd < magd <!< mag-ad-in-om (DE Magd, Maid)(EN maiden)
                      * magen < magĕn << mag-on (DE Magen)(EN maw)
                      * mais < mais << SP maíz (DE Mais)(EN corn)
                      * make < makĕ mak-o- (DE machen)(EN to make)
                      o fermake < fĕrmakĕ [ferr + makĕ] (DE vermachen)
                      + fermaketnis < fĕrmãkĕtnĭs [fĕrmakĕt + nis] (DE
                      Vermächtnis) [?]
                      * mal < mal <!< mathl-a- (DE Mahl, feste Zusage)
                      o gemal < gămal [ga + mal] (DE Gemahl)
                      * mal < mæl << mæl-a- (DE Mal, Mahl)(NL maal)(DA mål)(EN meal)
                      * mal < mæl << mæl-a- (DE Mal, Zeichen)
                      o male < mælĕ [mæl] << mæl-æ- (DE malen)(EN to paint)
                      * male < malĕ << mal-an (DE mahlen)
                      * man < man << man-on (DE man, Mann, Mensch)(EN man)
                      o menisk < mȁnĭsk [man + isk] (DE mensch-)
                      o forderman < fůrđĕrman [fůrđĕr + man] (DE Vordermann)
                      * man < mæn << mæn-on (DE Mond)(EN moon)(NL maan)(DA måne)
                      o mandag < mændag [mæn + dag] (DE Montag)(EN Monday)(DA mandag)
                      o maned < mænĕđ [mæn] << mæn-oth- (DE Monat)(EN month)(NL
                      maand)(DA måned)
                      * manig < mãnĭg <!< man-ag-az (DE manig)(EN many)
                      * mann < mann << man-w-az (DE Mann)(EN man)(NL man)(DA mand) [AS]
                      * marg < mazg << mazg-a- (DE Mark, Gewebe)
                      * mark < mark << mark-a (DE Mark, Gewichts- und Werteinheit)
                      * mark < mark << mark-o (DE Mark, Grenzgebiet)
                      * mask < mask << mask- (DE Masche)(EN mesh)
                      * mathematic < mathematĭc << LA mathematic-a (DE Mathematik)(EN
                      mathematics)
                      o mathematical < mathematĭcăl [mathematĭc + al] (DE
                      mathematisch)(EN mathematical)
                      o mathematisk < mathematĭsk [mathematĭc + isk] (DE
                      mathematisch)(EN mathematical)
                      * medicin < medicin << LA medic- (DE Medizin)(EN medicine)(NL
                      medicijn)(DA medicin)(NO medisin)(SV medicin)
                      o medicament < medicament LA medicament-um (DE
                      Medikament)(EN medicament)(NL medicament)(DA medikament)(NO
                      medikament)(SV medikament)
                      * melk < melk <!< meluk- (DE Milch)(EN milk)
                      o melke [e-a-o] < melkĕ [melk] << melk-an (DE melken)(EN milk)
                      o melkig < melkĭg [melk + ig/2] (DE milchig)(EN milky)
                      o melkweg < melkweg [melk + weg] (DE Milchstraße)(EN milky way)
                      * mell < melw << mel-w-an (DE Mehl)(EN meal)
                      * melte [e-a-o] < mȁltĕ << malt-ij-an (DE schmelzen)(EN melt)
                      * mene < mạnĕ << main-ij-an (DE meinen)(EN to mean)
                      o menung < mạnung [mạn + ung] (DE Meinung)
                      * gemen < gămạn << ga-moin (DE gemein)(EN common, mean)
                      o gemenskap < gămạnskap [gămạn + skap] (DE Gemeinschaft,
                      „Vielheit, die gemein ist")
                      * mer < mạz << maiz-on (DE mehr)(EN more)
                      * mer < mȁr << mar-i (DE Meer)(EN mere) [-i-]
                      * mes < mạs << mais-on (DE Meise)(NL mees)
                      * mest < mạst < maist-a- (DE meist)(EN most)
                      * mete [e-æ-e] < metĕ << met-an (DE messen)
                      o mat < mæt [metĕ] << mæt- (DE Maß)(EN measure)(NL maat)(SV
                      mått)
                      + matig < mætĭg [mæt + ig/2] (DE mäßig, „Maß
                      aufweisend")(NL matig)(SV måttlig, -måttig, -mässig)
                      * mid < mȅd << LA med-i (DE mit)(EN with)
                      o middel < mȅddĕl [mȅd + er][!] << medl-ij-a- (DE mittel)(EN
                      middle)
                      + middelmat < mȅddĕlmæt [mȅddĕl + mæt] (DE
                      Mittelmaß)(EN average)
                      # middelmatig < mȅddĕlmætĭg [mȅddĕlmæt + ig/2]
                      (DE mittelmäßig, „Mittelmaß aufweisend")(EN mean)
                      o midden < mȅddĕn [mȅd + en] <!< med-j-az (DE mitten)(EN mid)
                      * mid < mȅd << med-j-on (DE Mitte)(EN middle)
                      * million < million << OF million (DE Million)(EN million)
                      o millioner < millionạr [million + ạr] << FRZ millionaire
                      (DE Millionär)
                      * min < min << min-az (DE mein)(NL mijn)(DA min)(EN mine)
                      * minner < minnĕr << minniz-on (DE minder)
                      * minnest < minnĕst << minnist-a- (DE mindest)
                      * miss < miss << miss-a- (DE miss-, fehlerhaft)(EN mis-)
                      o misslik < misslĭk [miss + lik] (DE misslich)
                      o misse < missĕ [miss] << miss-j-an (DE missen)(EN to miss)
                      * mist < miħst << mikhst-u- (DE Mist) [-khst-]
                      * mod < mođ << moth-a- (DE Mut)(EN mood)
                      o gemod < gămõđ [ga + mođ] (DE Gemüt [Kollektiv])
                      o modig < mođĭg [mod + ig/2] (DE mutig, „Mut bekommen habend")
                      * moder < modĕr << mod-er (DE Mutter)(EN mother)(NL moeder)(DA
                      moder, mor)
                      * mor < mor << mor-a- (DE Moor)(EN moor)
                      * morg < můrg << murg-en-a- (DE Morgen, der morgige Tag)(EN
                      morrow, morning)
                      o morgig < můrgĭg [můrg + ig/[?]] (DE morgig, „morgen
                      stattfindend")
                      * morgen < můrgĕn << murgen-a- (DE Morgen, Tagesanfang)(EN morgen)
                      * mos < mos << WG mos-a- (DE Mus)
                      o gemos < gămõs [ga + mos] (DE Gemüse [Kollektiv])
                      * mote [œ-o-o] < motĕ << mot-an (DE muss (müssen))(EN must)
                      * movere < moverĕ << LA mov-ere (DE bewegen, erschüttern)(EN to move)
                      o mot < mot [moverĕ] << LA mot-us (DE Erschütterung, Bewegung)
                      + motion < motion [mot + ion] << mot-io (DE
                      Bewegung)(EN motion)
                      + motor < motor [mot + or] << LA mot-or (DE Motor)(EN
                      motor)
                      o promovere < promoverĕ [pro + moverĕ] << LA pro-mov-ere (DE
                      befördern)(EN to promote)
                      + promotion < promotion [pro + mot + ion] (DE
                      Promotion, Beförderung)(EN promotion)
                      + promotor < promotor [pro + mot + or] (DE
                      Beförderer)(EN promotor)
                      * møe < mȍĕ << VD mo-j-a- (DE mühen)
                      o møsal < mȍsal [mȍ + sal] (DE Mühsal)
                      + møsalig < mȍsãlĭg [mȍsal + ig] (DE mühselig)
                      * mød < mȍd << mod-j-a (DE müde)(EN tired)
                      * møl < mȍl << LL mol-in-a (DE Mühle)(EN mill)
                      * mund < munđ << munth-az (DE Mund)(EN mouth)(NL mond)(DA mund)
                      * mur < mur << LA mur-us (DE Mauer)
                      * mus < mus << mus (DE Maus)(NL muis)(DA mus)(EN mouse)
                      * mus < mus << LA mus-a (DE Muse)
                      o music < musĭc [mus + ic] << LA music-a (DE Musik)(EN music)
                      + musical < musĭcăl [musĭc + al] (DE musikalisch)(EN
                      musical)
                      * muscel < muscĕl << LA musc-ul-us (DE Muskel)(EN muscle)
                      * muskel < muskĕl << LA musc-ul-a (DE Muschel)(EN mussel)(NL
                      mossel)(SV mussla)
                      * mygg < mȅgj << mug-j-on (DE Mücke)(EN midge) [-j-]
                      * myh < mȅħ << mukh-j-a- (DE Mückenschwarm)