Some words

  • tungol65
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2006
      I've been translating some Viking sagas. Here are a few words I have
      used, any help or other suggestions appreciated.

      BOSARDIG
      a. = vicious, malicious
      NL boosaadig, DE bösartig

      GASTFRIHEID
      n. = hospitality
      NL gastvrijhid, DE Gastfreundscaft, SV, gästfrihet, DN gæstfrihed

      WREKEN
      v. = avenge
      EN wreak, NL wreken, DE rächen

      FRIPLATS (no to sure about this, I want a meaning of safe-place)
      n. = sanctuary, asylum, refuge
      NL vrijplaats, asyl, DE Zufluchtsort, SV fristad

      SCREKLIG (my sc=SAMPA S)
      a. = terrible
      NL verschrikkelijk, DE schrecklich, SV skräcklig

      HOF or KONINGHOF (if you want to be precise)
      n. = court (royal)
      NL hof, DE Hof, SV hov

      JEDER(EN)
      pers. pr. = everybody
      NL iedereen, DE jeder

      HORST
      n. = grove (of trees)
      EN hurst, Mid.NL horst, DE Horst

      UNGELUK
      n. = misfortune
      EN "unlucky", NL ongeluk, DE Unglück, SV olycka