strong verbs

  • Stephan Schneider
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2006
      Hi Moritz,

      I have worked on my grammar. I have rewritten all explanations, and I have restructured the strong verbs section. I have used the structure of Class I to Class VII verbs as you did. Doing so, I have changed some consonant of the verb stem just in order to make the German verb easier to predict. :) For example, "skide" has become "skidhe".

      I have added to the class I verbs "ride" (DE "reiten") and "stripe" (DE "streifen").
      I have changed FS "kyre" to FS "kyse" ("kiuse"). (I haven't heard of the DE word "kiesen" until now.)
      I have added "svyre" ("swiure") to the class II verbs. (DE "schwören", EN "to swear") also "vyge" (wiuge), DE "wiegen", "wog", "gewogen".

      I have re-structured Class III and Class IV: i-a-o and e-a-o. Simpler.
      "skrike"-"srak"-"sroken", "drep"-"drap"-"dropen"

      I suppose "löschen" to be a Class I verb.

      I think "kome"-"kam"-"komen" is a class of it's own - irregular.