Re: Subjunctive in FS

    Message 1 of 40 , Dec 2, 2005
      --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, "Moritz Macke" <morm83@y...>
      wrote:

      > --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, "wakuran_wakaran" <hakans@w...>
      wrote:

      > > --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, "Moritz Macke" <morm83@y...>
      wrote:

      > > > --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, "wakuran_wakaran"
      <hakans@w...>

      > > > And "owe" probably...
      > > >

      > > Like "owing money"? That would be sculden in my version, sculde
      is a
      > > conjugated form of scullen, the words are likely related,
      though...

      > Yeah, I mean the present tense of it would look like the past of
      > "scullen", or not?

      Yeah, you're right, it's likely, although I don't have an -e for
      present tense...
      Btw, in Swedish, it would be "vara skyldig" (to be owing/guilty),
      but I don't know if such a circumlocution "wésen sculdig" would
      really be better...
      Message 40 of 40 , Dec 4, 2005
        --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, "David Parke" <parked@x...> wrote:

        > > In dhis tîd fon dhe jár, ic plég som-tîd tu sláp for-bî all dhe lict
        > > úren fon dhe dág. Waenaer dhat scé, ic fúíl wónlik-wîs taemelik
        > > slect/ill...
        > >

        > In dies tîd av de jâr selvmorde manig swedischers, fordat de ontbering
        > av liucht mak dêm sêr deprimer'd.
        >
        > Du môt upwacke êrer Håkan!

        Já, sêr wár... Ic over-ein-stem dhat et is ên sêr ével ge-wón-hêd...