Brief presentation of myself..

  • Per Strömdahl
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 27, 2001
      Hi all!

      Since I joined here from no-where I'd thought to introduce myself
      briefly; My name is Per Strömdahl, I'm 22 and I study Computer
      Science at Linköping Univeristy in Sweden. I have also a keen
      interest in lingustics and philosophy.

      When I first saw this project I knew it was something that I would
      like to participate in. I'm native in Swedish and speak more or less
      fluent English; ich kann auch ein bisschen Deutsch sprechen. Perhaps
      I can give my two cents to this project from the Northern branch of
      the Germanic languages :)

      // Per
    • bribri56@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 27, 2001
        Wilkom! Din hjelp vil make unser Projekt mer "successful".

        : ) Brian
      • The Keenans
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 28, 2001
          Welcome Per!

          We need Native speakers from all the source languages. so it's great
          that you're here. :)

          To all: Do we have any kind of an idea which source language is not
          represented by a group member?

          Duke

          Per Strömdahl wrote:

          > Hi all!
          >
          > Since I joined here from no-where I'd thought to introduce myself
          > briefly; My name is Per Strömdahl, I'm 22 and I study Computer
          > Science at Linköping Univeristy in Sweden. I have also a keen
          > interest in lingustics and philosophy.
          >
          > When I first saw this project I knew it was something that I would
          > like to participate in. I'm native in Swedish and speak more or less
          > fluent English; ich kann auch ein bisschen Deutsch sprechen. Perhaps
          > I can give my two cents to this project from the Northern branch of
          > the Germanic languages :)
          >
          > // Per
          >
          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • William Courson
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 28, 2001
            Welcome, Per!

            It's great to have more representatives of more
            languages on the list! I've no doubt you can make a
            marvelous contribution!

            Heartiest welcomes!

            Bill C.

            --- Per_Str�mdahl <agit@...> wrote:
            > Hi all!
            >
            > Since I joined here from no-where I'd thought to
            > introduce myself
            > briefly; My name is Per Str�mdahl, I'm 22 and I
            > study Computer
            > Science at Link�ping Univeristy in Sweden. I have
            > also a keen
            > interest in lingustics and philosophy.
            >
            > When I first saw this project I knew it was
            > something that I would
            > like to participate in. I'm native in Swedish and
            > speak more or less
            > fluent English; ich kann auch ein bisschen Deutsch
            > sprechen. Perhaps
            > I can give my two cents to this project from the
            > Northern branch of
            > the Germanic languages :)
            >
            > // Per

            > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1
          • William G Beazley
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 28, 2001
              Computer Science eh?
              What Folkspraak really needs is a Parser so we can have an online
              translater for say Swedish and English and others as well inot
              Folkspraak.

              Its on my personal list of things to do, but if you like such activites,
              maybe you can spend some time on that.

              Per Strömdahl wrote:

              > Hi all!
              >
              > Since I joined here from no-where I'd thought to introduce myself
              > briefly; My name is Per Strömdahl, I'm 22 and I study Computer
              > Science at Linköping Univeristy in Sweden. I have also a keen
              > interest in lingustics and philosophy.
              >
              > When I first saw this project I knew it was something that I would
              > like to participate in. I'm native in Swedish and speak more or less
              > fluent English; ich kann auch ein bisschen Deutsch sprechen. Perhaps
              > I can give my two cents to this project from the Northern branch of
              > the Germanic languages :)
              >
              > // Per

              Will Beazley
              Systems Administrator Equator Technologies
              FON: 512.502.2003 |EML: mailto:beazley@...
              FAX: 512.231.8108 |PAG: 888.213.7053
            • Per Strömdahl
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 28, 2001
                --- In folkspraak@y..., William G Beazley <beazley@e...> wrote:
                > Computer Science eh?
                Hey, Computer Science, not Computer Lingustics! ;)
                No, really, I thought about creating an online dictionary as
                dict.leo.org or www.m-w.com; but with multiple look-ups; this
                ought not to be too hard. When it comes to translating with grammar,
                it's unfortunately a completely diffrent question..

                // Per

                > What Folkspraak really needs is a Parser so we can have an online
                > translater for say Swedish and English and others as well inot
                > Folkspraak.
                >
                > Its on my personal list of things to do, but if you like such
                activites,
                > maybe you can spend some time on that.

              • Jan-Willem Benjamins
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 28, 2001
                  --- The Keenans <makeenan@...> skrev: > Welcome Per!

                  > We need Native speakers from all the source languages. so it's great
                  > that you're here. :)
                  >
                  > To all: Do we have any kind of an idea which source language is not
                  > represented by a group member?

                  I think we got almost all of them. We have norwegian, do we?

                  That covers all the bigger sourcelangs. I think we could use some Low
                  German speaker, and maybe someone who knows about Friesian.

                  Jan-Willem

                  se.yahoo.com