Re: folkspraak's own font

  • Jeffrey Henning
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 7, 1999
      I agree with John -- we should be able to use ASCII. And y might be a good
      schwa.

      I too am annoyed by Esperanto's font issues.

      Now you can have different fonts for ASCII, so there is nothing to stop one
      of the more artistic among us from creating a unique font (script) for
      Folkspraak. If it is based on ASCII, someone can change the font to one
      they recognize.

      Best regards,

      Jeffrey Henning
      LangMaker.com - Invent Your Own Language
      Jeffrey.Henning.com - Croatian Notation, Santa Paravia & Fiumaccio for
      Windows
    • Dan Dawes
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 9, 1999
        Did Grimm really say that to Zamenhof?

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 9, 1999
          From: "Dan Dawes" <dawes@...>

          >> As Grimm said to Zamenhof, "Orthography is Destiny!"
          > Did Grimm really say that to Zamenhof?

          Grimm also didn't say, "You should have used my fairy tales rather than Hans
          Christian Andersen's in your first translations!"

          Jeffrey