Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Test - kanne man diet versteen?

Expand Messages
  • dgoedkoop@gmx.net
    En Erdebeer seit en Frucht. Ik seit en Erdebeer. Also Ik seit en Frucht. En Frucht hangt an en Baum, also Ik hangt an en Baum. Det Rekner rekne gud. Det seit
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 20, 2001
    • 0 Attachment
      En Erdebeer seit en Frucht.
      Ik seit en Erdebeer.
      Also Ik seit en Frucht.
      En Frucht hangt an en Baum, also Ik hangt an en Baum.
      Det Rekner rekne gud. Det seit en gud Rekner.
      Wat seit diet in Engels?

      Understandable? I have defined some spelling rules by myself, and now I want to look if they are understandable.

      Or must I use binen as "to be"? I assume that in German dialects, also the form "du seit" from "sein" is used, as in the Netherlands sometimes "jij zijt" van "zijn" is used.
    • Dan Dawes
      Jawohl, ich have alles verstanden. Aber, Sie sind eigentlich eine Frucht? ... From: dgoedkoop@gmx.net [mailto:dgoedkoop@gmx.net] Sent: Monday, August 20, 2001
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 20, 2001
      • 0 Attachment
        Jawohl, ich have alles verstanden. Aber, Sie sind eigentlich eine Frucht?

        -----Original Message-----
        From: dgoedkoop@... [mailto:dgoedkoop@...]
        Sent: Monday, August 20, 2001 3:48 AM
        To: folkspraak@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [folkspraak] Test - kanne man diet versteen?


        En Erdebeer seit en Frucht.
        Ik seit en Erdebeer.
        Also Ik seit en Frucht.
        En Frucht hangt an en Baum, also Ik hangt an en Baum.
        Det Rekner rekne gud. Det seit en gud Rekner.
        Wat seit diet in Engels?

        Understandable? I have defined some spelling rules by myself, and now I want
        to look if they are understandable.

        Or must I use binen as "to be"? I assume that in German dialects, also the
        form "du seit" from "sein" is used, as in the Netherlands sometimes "jij
        zijt" van "zijn" is used.


        Browse the draft word lists!
        http://www.onelist.com/files/folkspraak/
        http://www.langmaker.com/folkspraak/volcab.html

        Browse Folkspraak-related links!
        http://www.onelist.com/links/folkspraak/


        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • welcheidee@yahoo.com
        ... Eine Erdbeere ist eine Frucht. ... Ich bin eine Erdbeere. ... Also bin ich eine Frucht. ... Eine Frucht hängt am Baum, also hänge ich am Baum. ... Dieser
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 20, 2001
        • 0 Attachment
          > En Erdebeer seit en Frucht.
          Eine Erdbeere ist eine Frucht.

          > Ik seit en Erdebeer.
          Ich bin eine Erdbeere.

          > Also Ik seit en Frucht.
          Also bin ich eine Frucht.

          > En Frucht hangt an en Baum, also Ik hangt an en Baum.
          Eine Frucht hängt am Baum, also hänge ich am Baum.

          > Det Rekner rekne gud. Det seit en gud Rekner.
          Dieser Rechner rechnet gut. Dies ist ein guter Rechner.

          > Wat seit diet in Engels?
          Was heißt das auf Englisch? (?)

          Es bleibt nur ein kleiner Fehler: Eine Erdbeere hängt nicht am Baum.
        • The Keenans
          ... Nej. Ik bine ein englsc spraaker ond, ik kanne nej fersteene dis. :( -Duke
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 20, 2001
          • 0 Attachment
            dgoedkoop@... wrote:
            >
            > En Erdebeer seit en Frucht.
            > Ik seit en Erdebeer.
            > Also Ik seit en Frucht.
            > En Frucht hangt an en Baum, also Ik hangt an en Baum.
            > Det Rekner rekne gud. Det seit en gud Rekner.
            > Wat seit diet in Engels?
            >
            > Understandable? I have defined some spelling rules by myself, and now
            > I want to look if they are understandable.
            >

            Nej. Ik bine ein englsc spraaker ond, ik kanne nej fersteene dis. :(

            -Duke
          • bribri56@aol.com
            Hier er min twe pennig waerd - hope I didn t get too far off base from the original intent. Ik seit en Erdebeer. Ich bin eine Erdbeere. - Ik er en Erdbaer.
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 20, 2001
            • 0 Attachment
              Hier er min twe pennig waerd - hope I didn't get too far off base from the
              original intent.

              Ik seit en Erdebeer.
              Ich bin eine Erdbeere.
              - Ik er en Erdbaer.
              (I'm a strawberry.)

              Also Ik seit en Frucht.
              Also bin ich eine Frucht.
              - Also Ik er en Fruct.
              - (I'm also a fruit).

              En Frucht hangt an en Baum, also Ik hangt an en Baum.
              Eine Frucht hängt am Baum, also hänge ich am Baum.
              - En Fruct hanged in en Bom (Trae), also Ik hanged in en Bom (Trae).
              - (A fruit hung in a tree; also I hung in a tree.)

              Det Rekner rekne gud. Det seit en gud Rekner.
              Dieser Rechner rechnet gut. Dies ist ein guter Rechner.
              - Det/Dis Recnemascin recne gud. Det/dis er en gud Recnemascin.
              - (That/This calculator calculates well. That/this is a good calculator.)

              Wat seit diet in Engels?
              Was heißt das auf Englisch?
              - Hoeden sage du dat in Engelsc?
              - (How do you say that in English?)

              ????
              Brian


              [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
            • wolfi.junkmail@snafu.de
              I think bribri s version is closest to an inter-germanic and best thought out. I understood the first posting perfectly, but that s because it s very close to
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 21, 2001
              • 0 Attachment
                I think bribri's version is closest to an inter-germanic and best
                thought out. I understood the first posting perfectly, but that's
                because it's very close to German. Too close, IMHO.

                Two things were confusing:

                "Seit" is the German word for "since", it took me a while to grasp
                that it is supposed to be a form of "to be"; is that even a new
                version?

                "Also", is that English "also" (synonym to "too"), or German "also"
                (synonym to "therefore")?

                Since there still seems no consensus on the verb "to be", here is a
                suggestion:

                present:

                ik ar
                du ar
                hi is
                uns ar
                ju ar
                dem ar

                past:

                ik war
                du war
                hi war
                uns war
                ju war
                dem war

                Reason: "Are"/"ar"/"er" is a root present in English and
                Scandinavian, apparently more common than the "be"/"bin" and
                the "sein" roots. Therefore I chose that as the regular default
                present form. The only exception for the 3rd person singular, because
                anything other than "is" would be totally counterintuitive, IMHO.
                "War" seems to be pretty consensus in most languages for the past.


                (Is there a consensus on personal pronouns yet? I just took them from
                some of the previous postings. If there isn't they should be defined
                next).

                Regards

                --- In folkspraak@y..., bribri56@a... wrote:
                > Hier er min twe pennig waerd - hope I didn't get too far off base
                from the
                > original intent.
                >
                > Ik seit en Erdebeer.
                > Ich bin eine Erdbeere.
                > - Ik er en Erdbaer.
                > (I'm a strawberry.)
                >
                > Also Ik seit en Frucht.
                > Also bin ich eine Frucht.
                > - Also Ik er en Fruct.
                > - (I'm also a fruit).
                >
                > En Frucht hangt an en Baum, also Ik hangt an en Baum.
                > Eine Frucht hängt am Baum, also hänge ich am Baum.
                > - En Fruct hanged in en Bom (Trae), also Ik hanged in en Bom (Trae).
                > - (A fruit hung in a tree; also I hung in a tree.)
                >
                > Det Rekner rekne gud. Det seit en gud Rekner.
                > Dieser Rechner rechnet gut. Dies ist ein guter Rechner.
                > - Det/Dis Recnemascin recne gud. Det/dis er en gud Recnemascin.
                > - (That/This calculator calculates well. That/this is a good
                calculator.)
                >
                > Wat seit diet in Engels?
                > Was heißt das auf Englisch?
                > - Hoeden sage du dat in Engelsc?
                > - (How do you say that in English?)
                >
                > ????
                > Brian
                >
                >
                > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
              • dgoedkoop@gmx.net
                ... Dass ist schön, dass Sie alles verstanden haben. Aber, ich bin keine Frucht= , dass war ein Beispiel. Btw. Die Deutsche Fälle sind aber sehr schwierig
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 21, 2001
                • 0 Attachment
                  --- In folkspraak@y..., Dan Dawes <dawes@m...> wrote:
                  > Jawohl, ich have alles verstanden. Aber, Sie sind eigentlich eine Frucht?=


                  Dass ist schön, dass Sie alles verstanden haben. Aber, ich bin keine Frucht=
                  , dass war ein Beispiel.

                  Btw. Die Deutsche Fälle sind aber sehr schwierig für Niederländer.
                • Frank Clancy
                  How do I remove myself from this group?! I have tried and can not get out! ... From: dgoedkoop@gmx.net [mailto:dgoedkoop@gmx.net] Sent: Tuesday, August 21,
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 21, 2001
                  • 0 Attachment
                    How do I remove myself from this group?! I have tried and can not get out!

                    -----Original Message-----
                    From: dgoedkoop@... [mailto:dgoedkoop@...]
                    Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2001 10:49 AM
                    To: folkspraak@yahoogroups.com
                    Subject: [folkspraak] Re: Test - kanne man diet versteen?


                    --- In folkspraak@y..., Dan Dawes <dawes@m...> wrote:
                    > Jawohl, ich have alles verstanden. Aber, Sie sind eigentlich eine Frucht?=



                    Dass ist schön, dass Sie alles verstanden haben. Aber, ich bin keine Frucht=

                    , dass war ein Beispiel.

                    Btw. Die Deutsche Fälle sind aber sehr schwierig für Niederländer.


                    Browse the draft word lists!
                    http://www.onelist.com/files/folkspraak/
                    http://www.langmaker.com/folkspraak/volcab.html

                    Browse Folkspraak-related links!
                    http://www.onelist.com/links/folkspraak/


                    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                  • dgoedkoop@gmx.net
                    ... Now you see how close Germanic languages are... as it also looks almost too close to Dutch... ... seit comes from sein to use the verb binnen it
                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 21, 2001
                    • 0 Attachment
                      --- In folkspraak@y..., wolfi.junkmail@s... wrote:
                      > I think bribri's version is closest to an inter-germanic and best
                      > thought out. I understood the first posting perfectly, but that's
                      > because it's very close to German. Too close, IMHO.

                      Now you see how close Germanic languages are... as it also looks almost too close to Dutch...

                      > Two things were confusing:
                      >
                      > "Seit" is the German word for "since", it took me a while to grasp
                      > that it is supposed to be a form of "to be"; is that even a new
                      > version?

                      seit comes from "sein"
                      to use the verb "binnen" it confuses the Dutch, where "binnen" means "inside"...
                      Use "issen/isten" so you got "ik is(t)" ?

                      > "Also", is that English "also" (synonym to "too"), or German "also"
                      > (synonym to "therefore")?

                      Therefore. There us no single similarity between the word "therefore" between any of the German languages, so I think about using the German form.
                      The word "too" will be translated as "ok" (confusing, think about "okay"...) or "ook" (recommended).

                      > Since there still seems no consensus on the verb "to be", here is a
                      > suggestion:
                      >
                      > present:
                      >
                      > ik ar
                      > (...)
                      > dem war
                      >
                      > Reason: "Are"/"ar"/"er" is a root present in English and
                      > Scandinavian (...)

                      Furthermore: "ar" will not be recognized by Dutch people. Furthermore, in my opinion conlangs have to be regular.

                      Dank vor jer Antwords/Antwordens.
                    • dgoedkoop@gmx.net
                      Actually, about 50% (I think) of the Dutch vocabulary only differs with the Scandinavian in little sound changes...
                      Message 10 of 10 , Aug 21, 2001
                      • 0 Attachment
                        Actually, about 50% (I think) of the Dutch vocabulary only differs with the Scandinavian in little sound changes...
                      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.