numerals

  • Jan-Willem Benjamins
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 16, 2001
      Hallo,

      Although some work has been done on the numerals, I missed the
      following:
      should twenty-two be translated as "twetig-twe", or as "twe-ond-twetig"
      or something along those lines. The last one would have my preference,
      as that's the way that most germanic languages (dutch, german, danish,
      norwegian) work. And anybody who's read Shakespeare knows that he often
      uses that construction as well.
      What are your opinions on this?

      see you

      Jan-Willem