Re: [folkspraak] sscsksch

  • William G Beazley
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 7, 2001
      I would say what of ever is closest to the Germanic root.

      bribri56@... wrote:

      > "C" isn't common in other Germanic languages, which makes it kinda neutral.
      > Our language wouldn't be too German "FISCH" or too Scandinavian "FISK", or
      > too English "FISH". Perhaps it would be too Folkspraak!
      >
      > : )
      > Brian

      Will Beazley
      Systems Administrator Equator Technologies
      FON: 512.502.2003 |EML: mailto:beazley@...
      FAX: 512.231.8108 |PAG: 888.213.7053
    • Jan-Willem Benjamins
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 16, 2001
        Hallo,

        Although some work has been done on the numerals, I missed the
        following:
        should twenty-two be translated as "twetig-twe", or as "twe-ond-twetig"
        or something along those lines. The last one would have my preference,
        as that's the way that most germanic languages (dutch, german, danish,
        norwegian) work. And anybody who's read Shakespeare knows that he often
        uses that construction as well.
        What are your opinions on this?

        see you

        Jan-Willem