Re: [folkspraak] sscsksch

  • bribri56@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 7, 2001
      "C" isn't common in other Germanic languages, which makes it kinda neutral.
      Our language wouldn't be too German "FISCH" or too Scandinavian "FISK", or
      too English "FISH". Perhaps it would be too Folkspraak!

      : )
      Brian

    • William G Beazley
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 7, 2001
        I would say what of ever is closest to the Germanic root.

        bribri56@... wrote:

        > "C" isn't common in other Germanic languages, which makes it kinda neutral.
        > Our language wouldn't be too German "FISCH" or too Scandinavian "FISK", or
        > too English "FISH". Perhaps it would be too Folkspraak!
        >
        > : )
        > Brian

        Will Beazley
        Systems Administrator Equator Technologies
        FON: 512.502.2003 |EML: mailto:beazley@...
        FAX: 512.231.8108 |PAG: 888.213.7053
      • Jan-Willem Benjamins
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 16, 2001
          Hallo,

          Although some work has been done on the numerals, I missed the
          following:
          should twenty-two be translated as "twetig-twe", or as "twe-ond-twetig"
          or something along those lines. The last one would have my preference,
          as that's the way that most germanic languages (dutch, german, danish,
          norwegian) work. And anybody who's read Shakespeare knows that he often
          uses that construction as well.
          What are your opinions on this?

          see you

          Jan-Willem