Re: [folkspraak] Re: (no subject)

  • bribri56@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13, 2001
      Thanks for the feedback, Jan-Willem. We committed early on to keeping to the
      Roman alphabet, so umlauts and such are verbiden/forbiden : ). Since we all
      have a basic understanding of the Folkspraak project, I think the most
      enjoyable way to forge this language is to write something in your own
      'dialect' of Folkspraak, and let the others respond in THEIR dialects, with
      the goal of making closer and closer approximations to a mutually agreeable
      language. I think we'll have a mix of formally and informally derived
      vocabulary. My rule of thumb is, if I can figure out a word, then its a
      keeper. We can argue our positions, but we should respect others preferences,
      and adopt those that we like best, in the confidence that the most agreeable
      options will be picked up by the group, and the others will fall by the
      wayside.

      Tank du, Jan-Willem. Dat bin gud Ansvar/Antword. Der Folkspraak fribrif
      dokument mandated der Romisc Alfabet. Vi upgived der Umlaut ond ander
      Bucstavingen : ). Ic denke, der merst niete Metod for scmiden (to forge?)
      unser Folkspraak bin scriven en Brief in der Folkspraakisc Dialekt af der
      Scriver. Dis E-Brief bin en lil klein (ond fattig) Eksampel.

      Til necste tid!
      Brian