Re: [folkspraak] Re: New flag added

  • michael.adams1
    Message 1 of 77 , Mar 2, 2005
      Motto in forkspraak?

      One Beer, Two Beers, Three Beers, Floor.

      Mike
    • Roly Sookias/Roly Sukias
      Message 77 of 77 , Mar 9, 2005
        --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, "simieska0" <anthony-russo@u...>
        wrote:
        >> The German word "Banner" is also used in a political context. The
        > Swedish word "standar" seems to be related to the german word
        > "Standarte", but a Standarte is a special kind of flag (Just have a
        > look at the old Nazi marches and you know what I mean).

        Well the German sounds exactly like the English then. I mean
        a 'standard' is a military flag carried by a standard-bearer into
        battle or whatever. ...and banner's obviously political/celebratory
        in English too.