folkspraak: mehr minus

  • Andreas Beer
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 16, 2000
      Hello,

      I think we should either use plus and minus as a combination, or mehr and
      weniger. But mehr and minus is a strange mix, and not very intuitive.

      cu

      Andreas
    • Dinkel@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 16, 2000
        I have an idea about <more> and <less>.
        Jik habe en idee von <more> ond <less>.

        Can we use <mere> and <minder>?
        Kunne wi bruken <mere> ond <minder>?

        more (eng), mehr (ger), meer (dut), mere (dan), mera (swe), mere (folk)
        less (eng), weniger (ger), minder (dut), mindre (dan), mindre (swe), minder
        (folk)

        Jik wille lernen Folksprak! Mere oer minder. =)
        -- Ariano (dinkel@...)
      • Dan Dawes
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 16, 2000
          Plus oder minus ist besser. Jede Englander und Amerikaner koennen "plus o
          minus" verstehen.
          Dan

          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 17, 2000
            Hi

            > Plus oder minus ist besser. Jede Englander und Amerikaner koennen "plus o
            > minus" verstehen.
            we should use both, maybe. Plus and minus have latin roots, I guess, so
            these are special foreign words like computer. mere and minder are hok-
            folkspraak, plus and minus collocquial folkspraak.

            cu

            Andreas
          • Andreas Beer
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 17, 2000
              Helo

              > Jik habe en idee von <more> ond <less>.
              > Kunne wi bruken <mere> ond <minder>?
              Jep, jik verstan det got.

              > Jik wille lernen Folksprak! Mere oer minder. =)
              Jik wille skriben Folspraak, verstan tun jik et jet schon.

              Anyone understands me? Maybe we should just start communicating
              intuitively, and then the words will appear on their own.
            • Dan Dawes
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 17, 2000
                Sie haben einen gute Idea.
                Dan

                > Jik wille lernen Folksprak! Mere oer minder. =)
                Jik wille skriben Folspraak, verstan tun jik et jet schon.

                Anyone understands me? Maybe we should just start communicating
                intuitively, and then the words will appear on their own.

              • the Keenans
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 17, 2000
                  Andreas Beer wrote:

                  > Anyone understands me? Maybe we should just start communicating
                  > intuitively, and then the words will appear on their own.

                  Ja Ja! Det bine en gud idea! Saggen der Folkspraak wille helpen ons.
                  Aber alzo, neue worten wille bine gud.

                  > eGroups Sponsor

                • Brian Davis
                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 19, 2000
                    --- In folkspraak@egroups.com, Dinkel@a... wrote:
                    > I have an idea about <more> and <less>.
                    > Jik habe en idee von <more> ond <less>.
                    >
                    > Can we use <mere> and <minder>?
                    > Kunne wi bruken <mere> ond <minder>?
                    >
                    > more (eng), mehr (ger), meer (dut), mere (dan), mera (swe), mere
                    (folk)
                    > less (eng), weniger (ger), minder (dut), mindre (dan), mindre
                    (swe), minder
                    > (folk)
                    >
                    > Jik wille lernen Folksprak! Mere oer minder. =)
                    > -- Ariano (dinkel@a...)

                    I like "mere" and "minder" for the comparative. Would that lead
                    to "mest" and "mindst" for the superlative?

                    Brian
                  • Brian Davis
                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 19, 2000
                      --- In folkspraak@egroups.com, Dan Dawes <dawes@m...> wrote:
                      > Sie haben einen gute Idea.
                      > Dan

                      Ja! Du haben en god Idea!
                      Brian
                    • Andreas Beer
                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 19, 2000
                        Hi

                        > I like "mere" and "minder" for the comparative. Would that lead
                        > to "mest" and "mindst" for the superlative?
                        merest and minderst would fit best. We shouldn't make too many
                        exceptional cases. We want to create a pidgin, not a language, i think.

                        cu

                        Andreas
                      • the Keenans
                        Message 11 of 11 , Oct 19, 2000
                          Brian Davis wrote:

                          > --- In folkspraak@egroups.com, Dinkel@a... wrote:
                          > > I have an idea about <more> and <less>.
                          > > Jik habe en idee von <more> ond <less>.
                          > >
                          > > Can we use <mere> and <minder>?
                          > > Kunne wi bruken <mere> ond <minder>?
                          > >
                          > > more (eng), mehr (ger), meer (dut), mere (dan), mera (swe), mere
                          > (folk)
                          > > less (eng), weniger (ger), minder (dut), mindre (dan), mindre
                          > (swe), minder
                          > > (folk)
                          > >
                          > > Jik wille lernen Folksprak! Mere oer minder. =)
                          > > -- Ariano (dinkel@a...)
                          >
                          > I like "mere" and "minder" for the comparative. Would that lead
                          > to "mest" and "mindst" for the superlative?

                          Ik tinke dat mere ond minder bine gud. aber ( what is the fs for but?)
                          Ik tinked dat der wortens fur most ond least bined 'DER mere' ond 'DER
                          minder'.

                          (Also does anybody have a suggestion for folkspraak 'Nichtwahr' that's a
                          handy one.)

                          -Duke