Re: [folkspraak] Digest Number 113

  • bribri56@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 11, 2000
      Using "c" to represent the variations of "ch" was a great idea. Although you
      can't just wholesale replace all the sch, sk, ch, and k combinations with sc
      and c, I found that doing Find and Replace All with "sch", then "sk", then
      "sh" --> "sc" in my excel vocabulary file resulted in a lot of
      regularization among the languages.

      Actor der Scauspieler de acteur/tooneelspelar sc├ądespelare en
      scuespiller scuespiller

      Englisc Englisc engels(e) Engelsc Engelsc Engelsc

      Electric elektrisc elektrisc elektrisc elektrisc Elektrisc

      BTW, I'm not too keen on "chk" - just looks funny to me. I like "Folksprak".

      I'm going to hunt down other rule bound differences among the languages and
      come up with "modified" versions of English, German, Dutch, Swedish, Danish
      and Norwegian that eliminate as many spelling differences as possible. If you
      have suggestions, post them. For example, replace German SS = T, o PF = P.
      The vowels are especially tricky, and I see we're still slugging away at it.
      How about we just replace all vowels with the schwa? (just kidding, but it
      could help a person more easily see the consonant patterns when comparing
      words among the languages)

      Opnuseen! (from Aufwiedersehen with heavy Dutch and Scandinavian influence)

      Brian