Just an idea

  • tungol65
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 21, 2004
      Hi All,

      It is good to see some new members, contributing new ideas. However
      one of the problems I still feel we have with FS, is that although
      some of us write posts in our own versions, we all work away on our
      own versions of FS in isolation.
      I think it would be good to get a chance to see and read other
      member's versions, to pick up and discuss ideas.
      One idea I have is to have a bimonthly or quarterly writing
      competion. The subject could be new poetry, translations of favourite
      poems or short stories, essays, reviews of films or plays, historical
      articles about where we live or hobbies and other interests.
      I think we should limit any submissions to say 750 words and all vote
      at the end of the quarter for the piece we found most interesting or
      entertaining. There would be no prizes, but I think it would get us
      writing and reading in FS more and gradually moving towards a common
      version.

      Vat denk je?

      Robert
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 21, 2004
        --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, "tungol65" <rdw.young@n...> wrote:

        > Hi All,
        >
        > It is good to see some new members, contributing new ideas.
        However
        > one of the problems I still feel we have with FS, is that although
        > some of us write posts in our own versions, we all work away on
        our
        > own versions of FS in isolation.
        > I think it would be good to get a chance to see and read other
        > member's versions, to pick up and discuss ideas.
        > One idea I have is to have a bimonthly or quarterly writing
        > competion. The subject could be new poetry, translations of
        favourite
        > poems or short stories, essays, reviews of films or plays,
        historical
        > articles about where we live or hobbies and other interests.
        > I think we should limit any submissions to say 750 words and all
        vote
        > at the end of the quarter for the piece we found most interesting
        or
        > entertaining. There would be no prizes, but I think it would get
        us
        > writing and reading in FS more and gradually moving towards a
        common
        > version.
        >
        > Vat denk je?
        >
        > Robert

        Hmmm, it seems interesting...
        Seems it would require some extra time, though...

        A problem with the issue is that the inconsistensies within
        different version mostly lies in areas such as vocabulary, grammar
        and syntax,
        and a competition would rather promote interesting subjects and
        creativity, but not necessarily create a more unified language...
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 21, 2004
          --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, "tungol65" <rdw.young@n...> wrote:

          > Hi All,
          >
          > It is good to see some new members, contributing new ideas.
          However
          > one of the problems I still feel we have with FS, is that although
          > some of us write posts in our own versions, we all work away on
          our
          > own versions of FS in isolation.
          > I think it would be good to get a chance to see and read other
          > member's versions, to pick up and discuss ideas.
          > One idea I have is to have a bimonthly or quarterly writing
          > competion. The subject could be new poetry, translations of
          favourite
          > poems or short stories, essays, reviews of films or plays,
          historical
          > articles about where we live or hobbies and other interests.
          > I think we should limit any submissions to say 750 words and all
          vote
          > at the end of the quarter for the piece we found most interesting
          or
          > entertaining. There would be no prizes, but I think it would get
          us
          > writing and reading in FS more and gradually moving towards a
          common
          > version.
          >
          > Vat denk je?
          >
          > Robert

          Also, I have a FS project that would require some space...
          I hope that your server could handle it...

          Also, maybe we could move Daan's pages to that site, as well, I have
          never been able to look at them, so far...

          Someone could contact him, and see what he thinks...
        • Roly Sookias
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 22, 2004
            hei. wel et laud aut laik ein guhd idea, aber ik denk ik hahb nicht
            genuhg taid duen solk tinge oft.