Re: [folkspraak] Re: Middelsprake

  • Ingmar Roerdinkholder
    Message 1 of 114 , Sep 14, 2004
      Correct! Det = it, dat = that/those, dis = this/these.
      Aron, I suppose you're Swedish because of your name, was my Middelsprake
      (MS) text easy to understand for you?
      I ask this because some people say that MS is much more Western than
      Northern Germanic.
      Ingmar

      Message 114 of 114 , Sep 21, 2004
        To be honest I used just a few (paper) dictionaries and my own knowledge to create Middelsprake.
        I have a Dutch-Scandinavian dictionary, with Dutch - Danish - Swedish - Norwegian and New Norwegian, with a lot of sentences and a grammatical sketch of each language.

        BTW in Middelsprake the infinitive form is the same as the present. So:

        ga = to go
        ig ga = I go
        ig schal ga = I shall go

        geve = to give
        ig geve = I give
        ig mot geve = I must give

        se = to see
        ig se = I see
        ig kan se = I can see

        true = to trust
        ig true = I trust
        ig wil true = I want to trust

        etc etc

        Of course with the exception of Wese (to be) and Have (to have)

        Ingmar