Re: re-verben

  • tungol65
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 30, 2004
      --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, "wordwulf" <eparsels@n...> wrote:
      > --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, "tungol65" <rdw.young@n...>
      wrote:
      > > --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, "wordwulf" <eparsels@n...>
      wrote:
      > > > God dag,
      > > > Ik denk vi kunn bruke *vider- ond *gegen- for de making av de
      re-
      > > > verben. In Englisk, vi hav "gainsay" ond "contradict" ond vi
      hav
      > > gen
      > > > problem damid. So Folksprak kunn have *gegensage ond
      *vidersage,
      > > ond
      > > > dat gev mer mogligheden for utdryking (expression).
      > > > Vat denk je?
      > > > Erik
      > >
      > > Ja, ik is glad fur us [synonymen] have, mar bed *gegensage ond
      > > *vidersage vuld [roughly] de sam wese. Hu kunn vi de englisk
      > > vorden "re-say, repeat or say again" utdruke in FS?
      > >
      > > Robert
      >
      > Hmmm...Ja, ik se vat du men...
      > Okay, vi kunne bruke *gegensage for 'contradict' ond *vidersage
      > for 're-say'. *gegen kunne have de mening 'against' ond *vider
      kunne
      > have de mening 'again, back, in reverse'. Ik denke dat de
      > Skandinavisk spraken have "mot-" als de prefiks for 'against'. Ar
      > dat riktig? It geve vorden dat vi just skall muste vale, vann de
      > forskeden Germanisk spraken have gen gemen form for.
      > Erik

      Ja, dat is god fur mik.

      Robert
    • xipirho
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 3, 2004
        hu verk dain skraibing sistehm? vohrfor hahb 'is' OND 'god' ainlig ain konsonant? danken for dain taid! :-)

        > Ja, dat is god fur mik.
        >
        > Robert
      • tungol65
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 3, 2004
          --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, "xipirho" <xipirho@r...> wrote:
          > hu verk dain skraibing sistehm? vohrfor hahb 'is' OND 'god' ainlig
          ain konsonant? danken for dain taid! :-)

          > > Ja, dat is god fur mik.

          I used to favour double vowels, but now tend to roughly follow the
          system used by Wordwolf. I spell "is" with one consonant because it
          is a verb and to me would be stressed with a long "i" thus rhyming
          with English "fleece". A prefix like FS *miss- (Englsh "mis-" and
          German "miss-") would be unstressed and have a short "i" so I spell
          it with a double consonant, so it sounds exactly like English "Miss".
          I must admit with "God/good" I can't quite decide which words to use
          in FS (god or godd), maybe "good" could be "gud" and "god" be "godd"?

          Regards
          Robert
        • xipirho
          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 3, 2004
            ak. okeh, aber mi denk dat et is temelig bisahr tu brauk ain lang vokahl in 'is', als in teutsk, hollandisk, ond englisk dehr is ain kort vokahl.

            mi brauk 'guhd' (dat is /gu:d/) for 'good', ond 'god' (dat is /gOd/) for 'god'. dihs is simmilahr tu englisk ond teutsk. mi skraibde disen als 'gud' ond 'godd' befohr, ond deh kunde is skraibet 'gúd' ond 'god' oder vat-immer! (mi denk de latst vord vahr temelig englisk, neh!? :-) - sorri!).

            bai.

            > --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, "xipirho" <xipirho@r...> wrote:
            > > hu verk dain skraibing sistehm? vohrfor hahb 'is' OND 'god' ainlig
            > ain konsonant? danken for dain taid! :-)
            > >

            > > > Ja, dat is god fur mik.
            > > >

            > I used to favour double vowels, but now tend to roughly follow the
            > system used by Wordwolf. I spell "is" with one consonant because it
            > is a verb and to me would be stressed with a long "i" thus rhyming
            > with English "fleece". A prefix like FS *miss- (Englsh "mis-" and
            > German "miss-") would be unstressed and have a short "i" so I spell
            > it with a double consonant, so it sounds exactly like English "Miss".
            > I must admit with "God/good" I can't quite decide which words to use
            > in FS (god or godd), maybe "good" could be "gud" and "god" be "godd"?
            >
            > Regards
            > Robert

          • xipirho
            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 3, 2004
              > 3 juli 2004 15:04 skreb tungol65:
              > > I must admit with "God/good" I can't quite decide which words to use
              > > in FS (god or godd), maybe "good" could be "gud" and "god" be "godd"?
              >
              > Which confuses it for scandinavians, "God" is "Gud" here and "Good" is "God",
              > exactly opposite.

              Haha. Mi denk 'gud' for 'god' vulde forvír teutskeren dok, neh? ...ond dehr is manig of deh!

              > Btw, I believ developing a FS speaking language is biting your tails, it
              > probably will kill it more than make it a reality, the reason I can't speak
              > swedish or danish is because both uses a completely different set of vowels
              > which make my accent sound very, very odd and funny. Same to english - if
              > it's a rarely used language people from different germanic languages might
              > not be able to understand each other at all.

              ja, aber vi kan find de lauden dat is mehst simpel for folken tu sahg ond brauk deh in folksprahk dok, neh? mohgskeh dat is ain [reason] nikt tu brauk diftongen ...oder deh kan is saget als ain vokahl mid ain ander after et. mi denk folksprahk MUST is ain spraking tung, for et vulde is sehr bisahr if de vorden kulde nikt is saget - et vulde is svahr tu lehr auk.

              > Just my €0.02

              Haha! Mi denk dat is drollig... :-)
            • Aron Boström
              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 3, 2004
                3 juli 2004 15:04 skreb tungol65:
                > I must admit with "God/good" I can't quite decide which words to use
                > in FS (god or godd), maybe "good" could be "gud" and "god" be "godd"?

                Which confuses it for scandinavians, "God" is "Gud" here and "Good" is "God",
                exactly opposite.

                Btw, I believ developing a FS speaking language is biting your tails, it
                probably will kill it more than make it a reality, the reason I can't speak
                swedish or danish is because both uses a completely different set of vowels
                which make my accent sound very, very odd and funny. Same to english - if
                it's a rarely used language people from different germanic languages might
                not be able to understand each other at all.

                Just my €0.02

                Aron Boström
                Lund, Scania, Scandinavia, Europe
                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 8, 2004
                  --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, "xipirho" <xipirho@r...> wrote:
                  > > 3 juli 2004 15:04 skreb tungol65:
                  > > > I must admit with "God/good" I can't quite decide which words
                  to use
                  > > > in FS (god or godd), maybe "good" could be "gud" and "god"
                  be "godd"?

                  > > Which confuses it for scandinavians, "God" is "Gud" here
                  and "Good" is "God",
                  > > exactly opposite.
                  >
                  > Haha. Mi denk 'gud' for 'god' vulde forvír teutskeren dok,
                  neh? ...ond dehr is manig of deh!

                  Wel, de skandinávisc spráken is taemelík lytel,
                  of/if man reken(count) de an-tál(number) ov sprákeren.
                  Ic denk et is swár(difficult) to sciúwen(?=shun/eschew=(here, in this
                  sense)avoid, maybe we could make the spelling simpler) for-wirend
                  wórden, und falsc frenden, komplet/ful-staendig(completely)...

                  Mág-wésen(may be) man kan máken én lista ov wónlík(common) "falsc
                  frenden" for sprákeren ov én be-sonder(??=particular) sprák, lík
                  englisc: FS fang= EN catch, EN fang=FS bít-tand(??? óder som-ding)
                  FS gúd= SKA god/bra SKA gud=FS god etc...

                  > > Btw, I believ developing a FS speaking language is biting your
                  tails, it
                  > > probably will kill it more than make it a reality, the reason I
                  can't speak
                  > > swedish or danish is because both uses a completely different set
                  of vowels
                  > > which make my accent sound very, very odd and funny. Same to
                  english - if
                  > > it's a rarely used language people from different germanic
                  languages might
                  > > not be able to understand each other at all.
                  >
                  > ja, aber vi kan find de lauden dat is mehst simpel for folken tu
                  sahg ond brauk deh in folksprahk dok, neh? mohgskeh dat is ain
                  [reason] nikt tu brauk diftongen ...oder deh kan is saget als ain
                  vokahl mid ain ander after et. mi denk folksprahk MUST is ain
                  spraking tung, for et vulde is sehr bisahr if de vorden kulde nikt is
                  saget - et vulde is svahr tu lehr auk.

                  Uhmmm, Já, áber´et sculde érst/foe(´)rst wésen én scríbet sprák, ic
                  denk..

                  > > Just my ¤0.02
                  >
                  > Haha! Mi denk dat is drollig... :-)
                • xipirho
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 9, 2004
                    > --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, "xipirho" <xipirho@r...> wrote:
                    > > > 3 juli 2004 15:04 skreb tungol65:
                    > to use
                    > be "godd"?
                    > > >
                    > > > Which confuses it for scandinavians, "God" is "Gud" here
                    > and "Good" is "God",
                    > > > exactly opposite.
                    > >
                    > > Haha. Mi denk 'gud' for 'god' vulde forvír teutskeren dok,
                    > neh? ...ond dehr is manig of deh!
                    >
                    > Wel, de skandinávisc spráken is taemelík lytel,
                    > of/if man reken(count) de an-tál(number) ov sprákeren.
                    > Ic denk et is swár(difficult) to sciúwen(?=shun/eschew=(here, in this
                    > sense)avoid, maybe we could make the spelling simpler) for-wirend
                    > wórden, und falsc frenden, komplet/ful-staendig(completely)...
                    >
                    > Mág-wésen(may be) man kan máken én lista ov wónlík(common) "falsc
                    > frenden" for sprákeren ov én be-sonder(??=particular) sprák, lík
                    > englisc: FS fang= EN catch, EN fang=FS bít-tand(??? óder som-ding)
                    > FS gúd= SKA god/bra SKA gud=FS god etc...

                    ja. okeh. dat laud aut glaik ain guhdlig idéa. ik denk 'god' skulde is englisk 'god' in FS dok, als vi hahb 'gott' in teutsk, ond 'god' in englisk...

                    > > > Btw, I believ developing a FS speaking language is biting your
                    > tails, it
                    > > > probably will kill it more than make it a reality, the reason I
                    > can't speak
                    > > > swedish or danish is because both uses a completely different set
                    > of vowels
                    > > > which make my accent sound very, very odd and funny. Same to
                    > english - if
                    > > > it's a rarely used language people from different germanic
                    > languages might
                    > > > not be able to understand each other at all.
                    > >
                    > > ja, aber vi kan find de lauden dat is mehst simpel for folken tu
                    > sahg ond brauk deh in folksprahk dok, neh? mohgskeh dat is ain
                    > [reason] nikt tu brauk diftongen ...oder deh kan is saget als ain
                    > vokahl mid ain ander after et. mi denk folksprahk MUST is ain
                    > spraking tung, for et vulde is sehr bisahr if de vorden kulde nikt is
                    > saget - et vulde is svahr tu lehr auk.
                    > >

                    > Uhmmm, Já, áberet sculde érst/foe()rst wésen én scríbet sprák, ic
                    > denk..

                    vel... vat mehn du [exactly]?
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jul 9, 2004

                      > > tails, it
                      > > can't speak
                      > > of vowels
                      > > english - if
                      > > languages might
                      > > >
                      > > > ja, aber vi kan find de lauden dat is mehst simpel for folken
                      tu
                      > > sahg ond brauk deh in folksprahk dok, neh? mohgskeh dat is ain
                      > > [reason] nikt tu brauk diftongen ...oder deh kan is saget als ain
                      > > vokahl mid ain ander after et. mi denk folksprahk MUST is ain
                      > > spraking tung, for et vulde is sehr bisahr if de vorden kulde
                      nikt is
                      > > saget - et vulde is svahr tu lehr auk.
                      > > >

                      > > Uhmmm, Já, áberet sculde érst/foe()rst wésen én scríbet sprák, ic
                      > > denk..
                      >
                      > vel... vat mehn du [exactly]?

                      It should be a written languagy, primarily... =S
                    • xipirho
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jul 10, 2004

                        > > > Uhmmm, Já, áberet sculde érst/foe()rst wésen én scríbet sprák, ic
                        > > > denk..
                        > >
                        > > vel... vat mehn du [exactly]?
                        >
                        > It should be a written languagy, primarily... =S

                        haha. ja. ik fortstandde dat, aber vat mehn du in faktisk [terms]? ...kan du gihb mi som [examples] of de vegen dat dain denking vulde [affect] dain denkingen op vat de tung skulde is glaik?
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jul 10, 2004

                          > > > vel... vat mehn du [exactly]?
                          > >
                          > > It should be a written languagy, primarily... =S
                          >
                          > haha. ja. ik fortstandde dat, aber vat mehn du in faktisk
                          [terms]? ...kan du gihb mi som [examples] of de vegen dat dain
                          denking vulde [affect] dain denkingen op vat de tung skulde is glaik?

                          (Ic mág/lík(?) nict "glaik",
                          dat-for de g in de begining ov(?) de wórd is én old ge-prefiks(?) dat
                          englisc und skandinávisc nict brúk,
                          ic denk "lík" sculde wésen leicter tu lérnen...

                          Hmmm, exempelen/bí-spílen...
                          Mest wórden lénet fron englisc und frans(is)c etc,
                          lík Acteur, Baby, Cool, Coiffeur, etc...
                          (Aber mág-wésen(maybe) dat is mest én ortográfisc(?) problém...)
                        • xipirho
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jul 10, 2004

                            > sprák, ic

                            > > > It should be a written languagy, primarily... =S
                            > >
                            > > haha. ja. ik fortstandde dat, aber vat mehn du in faktisk
                            > [terms]? ...kan du gihb mi som [examples] of de vegen dat dain
                            > denking vulde [affect] dain denkingen op vat de tung skulde is glaik?
                            >
                            > (Ic mág/lík(?) nict "glaik",
                            > dat-for de g in de begining ov(?) de wórd is én old ge-prefiks(?) dat
                            > englisc und skandinávisc nict brúk,
                            > ic denk "lík" sculde wésen leicter tu lérnen...

                            ak, óké. ik kende nikt dat. /li:k/ óder /laik/ vulde is best den.

                            > Hmmm, exempelen/bí-spílen...
                            > Mest wórden lénet fron englisc und frans(is)c etc,
                            > lík Acteur, Baby, Cool, Coiffeur, etc...
                            > (Aber mág-wésen(maybe) dat is mest én ortográfisc(?) problém...)

                            rekt... als du ken, ik brúk tvo bók-stáfen fór de vord so man ken hu et skulde is út-spráket, áber dé is témelig vunderlig.
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jul 10, 2004
                              --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, "xipirho" <xipirho@r...> wrote:

                              > > sprák, ic

                              > > > haha. ja. ik fortstandde dat, aber vat mehn du in faktisk
                              > > [terms]? ...kan du gihb mi som [examples] of de vegen dat dain
                              > > denking vulde [affect] dain denkingen op vat de tung skulde is
                              glaik?

                              > > (Ic mág/lík(?) nict "glaik",
                              > > dat-for de g in de begining ov(?) de wórd is én old ge-prefiks(?)
                              dat
                              > > englisc und skandinávisc nict brúk,
                              > > ic denk "lík" sculde wésen leicter tu lérnen...
                              >
                              > ak, óké. ik kende nikt dat. /li:k/ óder /laik/ vulde is best den.
                              >
                              > > Hmmm, exempelen/bí-spílen...
                              > > Mest wórden lénet fron englisc und frans(is)c etc,
                              > > lík Acteur, Baby, Cool, Coiffeur, etc...
                              > > (Aber mág-wésen(maybe) dat is mest én ortográfisc(?) problém...)
                              >
                              > rekt... als du ken, ik brúk tvo bók-stáfen fór de vord so man ken
                              hu et skulde is út-spráket, áber dé is témelig vunderlig.

                              dé="that"??

                              Is de "T" in "fortstandde" én týp(?)-féler (typo)
                              Message 14 of 18 , Jul 10, 2004
                                --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, "wakuran_wakaran" <hakans@w...>
                                wrote:
                                > --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, "xipirho" <xipirho@r...> wrote:
                                > > > --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, "xipirho" <xipirho@r...>

                                > > > sprák, ic

                                > > > [terms]? ...kan du gihb mi som [examples] of de vegen dat dain
                                > > > denking vulde [affect] dain denkingen op vat de tung skulde is
                                > glaik?
                                > > >

                                > > > (Ic mág/lík(?) nict "glaik",
                                > > > dat-for de g in de begining ov(?) de wórd is én old ge-prefiks
                                (?)
                                > dat
                                > > > englisc und skandinávisc nict brúk,
                                > > > ic denk "lík" sculde wésen leicter tu lérnen...
                                > >
                                > > ak, óké. ik kende nikt dat. /li:k/ óder /laik/ vulde is best den.
                                > >
                                > > > Hmmm, exempelen/bí-spílen...
                                > > > Mest wórden lénet fron englisc und frans(is)c etc,
                                > > > lík Acteur, Baby, Cool, Coiffeur, etc...
                                > > > (Aber mág-wésen(maybe) dat is mest én ortográfisc(?) problém...)
                                > >
                                > > rekt... als du ken, ik brúk tvo bók-stáfen fór de vord so man ken
                                > hu et skulde is út-spráket, áber dé is témelig vunderlig.
                                >
                                > dé="that"??
                                >
                                > Is de "T" in "fortstandde" én týp(?)-féler (typo)

                                Sculde háben wéset týp-féling...
                              • xipirho
                                Message 15 of 18 , Jul 12, 2004
                                  > --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, "xipirho" <xipirho@r...> wrote:

                                  > > > sprák, ic

                                  > > > [terms]? ...kan du gihb mi som [examples] of de vegen dat dain
                                  > > > denking vulde [affect] dain denkingen op vat de tung skulde is
                                  > glaik?
                                  > > >

                                  > > > (Ic mág/lík(?) nict "glaik",
                                  > > > dat-for de g in de begining ov(?) de wórd is én old ge-prefiks(?)
                                  > dat
                                  > > > englisc und skandinávisc nict brúk,
                                  > > > ic denk "lík" sculde wésen leicter tu lérnen...
                                  > >
                                  > > ak, óké. ik kende nikt dat. /li:k/ óder /laik/ vulde is best den.
                                  > >
                                  > > > Hmmm, exempelen/bí-spílen...
                                  > > > Mest wórden lénet fron englisc und frans(is)c etc,
                                  > > > lík Acteur, Baby, Cool, Coiffeur, etc...
                                  > > > (Aber mág-wésen(maybe) dat is mest én ortográfisc(?) problém...)
                                  > >
                                  > > rekt... als du ken, ik brúk tvo bók-stáfen fór de vord so man ken
                                  > hu et skulde is út-spráket, áber dé is témelig vunderlig.
                                  >
                                  > dé="that"??

                                  né, "they". in dís kontekst et mén de sám ting dok.

                                  > Is de "T" in "fortstandde" én týp(?)-féler (typo)

                                  ja. sori.