Re: poll overview

  • don_skov
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2004

      > Where can one find the corpus?
      > Which texts have you choosen?
      > Only longer texts, or small comments in "local dialects" as well?...

      Well sorry it took me such a long time to answer, I have been cheking
      my internet for some while.
      But to answer your question.

      I don't know whether you get your folkspraak messages over your email
      account or you check out the group homepage.

      When you get an email, there is a link at the bottom that will direct
      you to the group home page. allright that was step one.

      step two. in the left corner of your screen you will see a menu.

      In that menu just press "files"

      A new screen will then appear, you'll see the folders.

      "historyen" "parallel texts" "babelteksten" "temporary grammars"
      and "vordenbuken"

      If you want to see the "folkspraak korpus" just press historyen and
      there you'll find it.

      now your second question.

      I Took every single folkspraak text i could find from a ceratin
      period. I may have scipped some, since i would have to look throgh
      more than a thousands messages to find every piece of folkspraak. But
      i looked in the messages that would seem to have a folkspraak text
      and then I did some random picking in order to find be sure. I think
      i got most of them. At least I got all the big ones. I was working, a
      year ago, I think, on a new corpus that covered the period between
      the birth of this group to where my 1st corpus started. But
      unfortunatly, i lost my work :(

      I don't remember which period i covers, but it i a quite large one,
      so have a go, also check out the grammars, and the dictionaries
      (vordenbuk) i made one with more than 3000 words, so have a go.

      Christian