Region & Rule

  • tungol65
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 17, 2004
      OK, as far as I can see there is no common word region/district
      across all the languages. But my German & Danish dictionaries
      have "region" and "regional", so perhaps we should go with this Latin
      word. I guess Folkspraak is mainly a written form of communication,
      so perhaps we should keep this spelling, but I would pronounce it
      with a hard "g" and glide the "i" and stress the "o", so
      perhaps "regjón" and "regjónal"

      OK, I undersrand now about "regel". I'm happy to use "regéring" for
      government, it looks good. Therefore we can have "selfregéring",
      which is very like English "self-regulation" or "heimregéring". And
      even "regjónal-regéring", which is in vogue across europe right now.

      What do you think?

      Regards Robert.
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 17, 2004
        Uhmm, yes.. I would pronounce region, basically like
        german/scandinavian =S "Regghey-awn" regi-ón or whatever it becomes
        in english phonetic spelling.
        I guess this often would become
        "reg(g)jón" in natural speech, tho.
        Yeah, seems nuff nice...