Re: Newbie

  • ferdinand_ldb
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 29, 2003
      Sorry I replied this late, I've been busy :o. Your version is nice,
      I need to get used to it but it's understandable. My folks both
      speak English, although not as a mother tongue and they never really
      spoke English to me. The reason I speak English this good is because
      at least half of all TV-shows showed in the Netherlands are in
      English with Dutch subtitles. At the age of 8 I was able to
      understand English, and approximately a year later I could speak it
      as well. Besides, English is a subject in school. I don't think I
      would be exaggerating if I told you my English (at least my spoken
      English) is exceptionally well for a Dutchman. Most people take me
      for an American when I speak English (is that something to be proud
      of? ;)) considering most shows in English are in AmE. Oh yeah, I had
      a suggestion for your form of Folkspraak. I see alot of Scandinavian
      and English influences, and that's fine with me, but I also noticed
      you used the word 'versjon' for 'version'. Perhaps you should
      replace it by a more Germanic form (although that might not be
      understandable for some speakers). At first I simply thought
      of 'form', but I guess that's Latin (from 'forma'). So far I haven't
      been able to figure out a real Germanic word for it (perhaps
      something based on 'way' although that might be incomplete, 'this is
      my way of folkspraak' would then have to be 'this is my way of
      speaking/writing folkspraak'). Well, this is becoming one hell of a
      post, and I gotta go.

      See ya!

      --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, Xipirho <xipirho@r...> wrote:
      > velkom ferdinand. et er gohd havan an neu person in di gruhpe
      varfor
      > nehderlander barnen viht englisk so vel'lik? os englisk barnen
      anlik
      > sprek an venige vorden ov frankisk (oller tysk oler espanisk)! :-
      )
      > sprehk dues elderen englisk oler somting? vel, dihs er mihn
      versjon ov
      > 'folkspraak' (oler folksprehk?) als dihs mohment - vat tenk du?
      >

      > On Sunday, Oct 12, 2003, at 13:13 Europe/London, ferdinand_ldb
      wrote:

      > > Hi i'm Ferdinand i'm a 14-year old Dutch kid and I'm interested
      in
      > > Folkspraak. I want to learn more about this language. I speak
      fluent
      > > Dutch and English and I can understand German so learning
      Folkspraak
      > > shouldn't be too hard ;).
      > >
      > > Well, bye!

      > > ---------------------~-->
      > > Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or
      Lexmark
      > > Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US
      &
      > > Canada.
      > > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/IYOolB/TM
      ----
      > > ~->
      > >
      > > Browse the draft word lists!
      > > http://www.onelist.com/files/folkspraak/
      > > http://www.langmaker.com/folkspraak/volcab.html
      > >
      > > Browse Folkspraak-related links!
      > > http://www.onelist.com/links/folkspraak/
      > >

      > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
      > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Xipirho
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 29, 2003
        On Saturday, Nov 29, 2003, at 15:06 Europe/London, ferdinand_ldb wrote:

        > Sorry I replied this late, I've been busy :o.

        Dat ar fihn (mik nehav 'er' nu - et ar 'ar' - vat tenk du?)!

        > Your version is nice,
        > I need to get used to it but it's understandable.

        Dat ar gohd.

        > My folks both
        > speak English, although not as a mother tongue and they never really
        > spoke English to me. The reason I speak English this good is because
        > at least half of all TV-shows showed in the Netherlands are in
        > English with Dutch subtitles. At the age of 8 I was able to
        > understand English, and approximately a year later I could speak it
        > as well. Besides, English is a subject in school.

        So lernd du sprakan et fron di fahrseer oler fron skohl ondso?

        > I don't think I
        > would be exaggerating if I told you my English (at least my spoken
        > English) is exceptionally well for a Dutchman.

        Dat ar gohd - mik [suppose - mik nekan tenk ov an vord for dat!] dat du
        ar gohd mit al tungen dan, ja? Heheh. In Englisk vi vulde sahg 'good
        for a dutchman' bi di vehg! :-)

        > Most people take me
        > for an American when I speak English (is that something to be proud
        > of? ;)) considering most shows in English are in AmE.

        Du mehn englisk sprakeren tenk du ar amerrisk? If dat ar so, dan dat ar
        somting aran stolt for...men englisk englisk-sprakeren vulde lihk du
        sprakan englisk englisk [of course]!

        > Oh yeah, I had
        > a suggestion for your form of Folkspraak. I see alot of Scandinavian
        > and English influences,

        ja. mik nehavd so muk skandinavisk stof men nu mik hav mehr for et ar
        oft lihk englisk. Di skribende ar lihk skandinavisk verfor skandinavisk
        skribende ar vehr loggikahl, men di skribende hav di tysk 'h'en after
        di vokaliken makan di vokaliken lang.

        > and that's fine with me, but I also noticed
        > you used the word 'versjon' for 'version'. Perhaps you should
        > replace it by a more Germanic form (although that might not be
        > understandable for some speakers). At first I simply thought
        > of 'form', but I guess that's Latin (from 'forma'). So far I haven't
        > been able to figure out a real Germanic word for it (perhaps
        > something based on 'way' although that might be incomplete, 'this is
        > my way of folkspraak' would then have to be 'this is my way of
        > speaking/writing folkspraak').

        Ja, dat ar an gohd idea men, als du sahg, vat vord uhtsan os? Vat vord
        uhtsan tysk, nehderlandisk ond skandinavisk?
        Vel, spahk suhn. Adjöh. :-)
      • ferdinand_ldb
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 30, 2003
          Hi!

          > Dat ar fihn (mik nehav 'er' nu - et ar 'ar' - vat tenk du?)!

          Both 'er' and 'ar' are fine with me and understandable I suppose.
          Personally, I had this idea of two verbs for 'to be', one form being
          based on Scandinavian 'vara' (I believe that's Swedish) and another
          form being based on German 'sein' or Dutch 'zijn'. There are quite
          some differences between them. In Swedish it's just 'är' in every
          form (I believe this is also the case in the other Scand. languages)
          but in Dutch it's 'ik ben, jij/u bent, hij/zij/het is, wij zijn,
          jullie zijn, zij zijn', 'u' being the polite form of 'jij' (you). I
          think the relationship with German is quite obvious here.

          > So lernd du sprakan et fron di fahrseer oler fron skohl ondso?

          The TV taught me how to speak it, and school taught me how to spell
          and write it (officially, school is still teaching me how to spell
          and write it). And I really like the word 'fahrseer' :).

          > Dat ar gohd - mik [suppose - mik nekan tenk ov an vord for dat!]
          dat du
          > ar gohd mit al tungen dan, ja? Heheh. In Englisk vi vulde
          sahg 'good
          > for a dutchman' bi di vehg! :-)

          You can base a word for 'suppose' on Dutch 'aannemen' or
          German 'annehmen'. 'Aan' and 'an' are prefixes of 'nemen'
          and 'nehmen', meaning 'to take'. In English you can also say 'I take
          it that' instead of 'I suppose' in most cases. Do mind, that
          it's 'Ik neem aan/Ich nehme an' and not 'Ik aanneem/Ich annehme'.
          Yeah, in general, I'm good at languages, especially German and
          English (besides those two, I'm also being taught French, Latin and
          Old Greek). That brings us to a total of 5 foreign languages. Good,
          eh? Sorry about the 'good/well' mistake.

          > Du mehn englisk sprakeren tenk du ar amerrisk? If dat ar so, dan
          dat ar
          > somting aran stolt for...men englisk englisk-sprakeren vulde lihk
          du
          > sprakan englisk englisk [of course]!

          Yup, English-speakers (or 'anglophones', as I like to call them)
          think I am American (sometimes they think I'm Canadian).

          > Ja, dat ar an gohd idea men, als du sahg, vat vord uhtsan os? Vat
          vord
          > uhtsan tysk, nehderlandisk ond skandinavisk?
          > Vel, spahk suhn. Adjöh. :-)

          That's the problem. The Dutch word for 'version' is 'versie', German
          is 'Version' and Swedish (which I seem to take as a standard for all
          Scandinavian languages, considering my grandmother is Finland-
          Swedish and thus speaks Swedish) is also 'version'. So basically, I
          think we're dealing with a problem here ;), although I don't really
          mind using a word based on 'version'. I just thought a Germanic word
          would be a better idea. There is Dutch 'wijze' of course, but that
          translates as 'way' so it is incomplete. Perhaps we should just
          stick to something like 'way of (Dutch 'wijze van')' + verb (as
          in 'way of speaking').

          So far so good. See ya!

        • Daan Goedkoop
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 30, 2003
            folkspraak@yahoogroups.com schrieb am 30.11.03 14:09:05:

            > Hi!
            >
            > > Dat ar fihn (mik nehav 'er' nu - et ar 'ar' - vat tenk du?)!
            >
            > Both 'er' and 'ar' are fine with me and understandable I suppose.
            > Personally, I had this idea of two verbs for 'to be', one form being
            > based on Scandinavian 'vara' (I believe that's Swedish) and another
            > form being based on German 'sein' or Dutch 'zijn'. There are quite
            > some differences between them. In Swedish it's just 'är' in every
            > form (I believe this is also the case in the other Scand. languages)
            > but in Dutch it's 'ik ben, jij/u bent, hij/zij/het is, wij zijn,
            > jullie zijn, zij zijn', 'u' being the polite form of 'jij' (you). I
            > think the relationship with German is quite obvious here.

            In the grammar I have written, I have chosen for a combination of ar and är, because these are at least a bit similar to "waren" in Dutch and German, and to "are" in English.

            > > So lernd du sprakan et fron di fahrseer oler fron skohl ondso?
            >
            > The TV taught me how to speak it, and school taught me how to spell
            > and write it (officially, school is still teaching me how to spell
            > and write it).

            I don't know anymore how I learnt English, but I do know that I can't speak it very well. I have probably read the subtitles too much :-)

            > And I really like the word 'fahrseer' :).

            Ferseeer would be my choice - but that's a bit personal. However, from "far-ver-fern", I would say that "fer" would be the most logical.

            > > Dat ar gohd - mik [suppose - mik nekan tenk ov an vord for dat!]
            > dat du
            > > ar gohd mit al tungen dan, ja? Heheh. In Englisk vi vulde
            > sahg 'good
            > > for a dutchman' bi di vehg! :-)
            >
            > You can base a word for 'suppose' on Dutch 'aannemen' or
            > German 'annehmen'. 'Aan' and 'an' are prefixes of 'nemen'
            > and 'nehmen', meaning 'to take'. In English you can also say 'I take
            > it that' instead of 'I suppose' in most cases. Do mind, that
            > it's 'Ik neem aan/Ich nehme an' and not 'Ik aanneem/Ich annehme'.

            I have also used that breaking up in my grammar: utfyren -> ik fyr ut.

            Then you know one language more than me: I know English, German, French and Spanish, and of that English and German the best. So while I am at it, how many points do you get at www.deutsch-als-fremdsprache.de?

            > > Du mehn englisk sprakeren tenk du ar amerrisk? If dat ar so, dan
            > dat ar
            > > somting aran stolt for...men englisk englisk-sprakeren vulde lihk
            > du
            > > sprakan englisk englisk [of course]!
            >
            > Yup, English-speakers (or 'anglophones', as I like to call them)
            > think I am American (sometimes they think I'm Canadian).

            That must be because of the TV. At school there is a very strict policy on teaching real British English. For example, almost all of the listening comprehension tests are programmes from the BBC.

            > > Ja, dat ar an gohd idea men, als du sahg, vat vord uhtsan os? Vat
            > vord
            > > uhtsan tysk, nehderlandisk ond skandinavisk?

            uhtsan = bruken (gebruiken, (ge)brauchen, bruge)

            > > Vel, spahk suhn. Adjöh. :-)
            >
            > That's the problem. The Dutch word for 'version' is 'versie', German
            > is 'Version' and Swedish (which I seem to take as a standard for all
            > Scandinavian languages, considering my grandmother is Finland-
            > Swedish and thus speaks Swedish) is also 'version'. So basically, I
            > think we're dealing with a problem here ;), although I don't really
            > mind using a word based on 'version'. I just thought a Germanic word
            > would be a better idea.

            I wouldn't think of it as a problem - if all the languages use version/versie, then I would say, great, there's an agreement, let's use it! It's about the best recognisability, about that any speaker of any germanic language can understand it.

            Daan.

            WEB.DE FreeMail wird 5 Jahre jung! Feiern Sie mit uns und
            nutzen Sie die neuen Funktionen http://f.web.de/features/?mc=021130
          • Xipirho
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 12, 2003
              On Sunday, Nov 30, 2003, at 13:09 Europe/London, ferdinand_ldb wrote:

              > Hi!
              >
              >> Dat ar fihn (mik nehav 'er' nu - et ar 'ar' - vat tenk du?)!
              >
              > Both 'er' and 'ar' are fine with me and understandable I suppose.
              > Personally, I had this idea of two verbs for 'to be', one form being
              > based on Scandinavian 'vara' (I believe that's Swedish) and another
              > form being based on German 'sein' or Dutch 'zijn'. There are quite
              > some differences between them. In Swedish it's just 'är' in every
              > form (I believe this is also the case in the other Scand. languages)
              > but in Dutch it's 'ik ben, jij/u bent, hij/zij/het is, wij zijn,
              > jullie zijn, zij zijn', 'u' being the polite form of 'jij' (you). I
              > think the relationship with German is quite obvious here.

              Vel dat aar OK, men et aar an littel kompleks, ne? Di [reason] mik hav
              'aar' anlik (mik hav [changed] mik skribende, als du kan se - vat tenk
              du?) aar foor et aar meer simpel ond regulaar. [Although] 'aar' nikt
              aar liik dojtsk (german) ond nederlandisk, et vulde aar veer kvik
              lernan (to learn) et mik tenk, ne?

              >> So lernd du sprakan et fron di fahrseer oler fron skohl ondso?
              >
              > The TV taught me how to speak it, and school taught me how to spell
              > and write it (officially, school is still teaching me how to spell
              > and write it). And I really like the word 'fahrseer' :).

              Heheh. Guud. Et vulde aar "feerse'er" nu mik tenk, foor mik nu hav tvo
              vookallen foor lang vookallen - vat tenk du? Liikt (liked) du di 'h'
              oller liik du di tvo vookallen. Hav du som [suggestions] mit skribende
              (spellings)?

              >> Dat ar gohd - mik [suppose - mik nekan tenk ov an vord for dat!]
              > dat du
              >> ar gohd mit al tungen dan, ja? Heheh. In Englisk vi vulde
              > sahg 'good
              >> for a dutchman' bi di vehg! :-)
              >
              > You can base a word for 'suppose' on Dutch 'aannemen' or
              > German 'annehmen'. 'Aan' and 'an' are prefixes of 'nemen'
              > and 'nehmen', meaning 'to take'. In English you can also say 'I take
              > it that' instead of 'I suppose' in most cases. Do mind, that
              > it's 'Ik neem aan/Ich nehme an' and not 'Ik aanneem/Ich annehme'.

              Danken. So...mik neem aan it vulde aar 'aanneman' in mik spraak den.

              > Yeah, in general, I'm good at languages, especially German and
              > English (besides those two, I'm also being taught French, Latin and
              > Old Greek). That brings us to a total of 5 foreign languages. Good,
              > eh? Sorry about the 'good/well' mistake.

              Dat aar veer [amazing]! Ne problem mit di [mistake]! :-)

              >> Du mehn englisk sprakeren tenk du ar amerrisk? If dat ar so, dan
              > dat ar
              >> somting aran stolt for...men englisk englisk-sprakeren vulde lihk
              > du
              >> sprakan englisk englisk [of course]!
              >
              > Yup, English-speakers (or 'anglophones', as I like to call them)
              > think I am American (sometimes they think I'm Canadian).

              Wau! Dat aat ondso veer [amazing]! Vel dood foor sprakende inglisk so
              guud! - et aar hard ond latten ov folken spraak et unriktik.

              >> Ja, dat ar an gohd idea men, als du sahg, vat vord uhtsan os? Vat
              > vord
              >> uhtsan tysk, nehderlandisk ond skandinavisk?
              >> Vel, spahk suhn. Adjöh. :-)
              >
              > That's the problem. The Dutch word for 'version' is 'versie', German
              > is 'Version' and Swedish (which I seem to take as a standard for all
              > Scandinavian languages, considering my grandmother is Finland-
              > Swedish and thus speaks Swedish) is also 'version'. So basically, I
              > think we're dealing with a problem here ;), although I don't really
              > mind using a word based on 'version'. I just thought a Germanic word
              > would be a better idea. There is Dutch 'wijze' of course, but that
              > translates as 'way' so it is incomplete. Perhaps we should just
              > stick to something like 'way of (Dutch 'wijze van')' + verb (as
              > in 'way of speaking').

              Vel mogskee, men vi hav ander lattin vorden in di spraak, so verfoor
              nikt 'versjon'?

              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 13, 2003
                --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, Xipirho <xipirho@r...> wrote:

                > On Sunday, Nov 30, 2003, at 13:09 Europe/London, ferdinand_ldb
                wrote:

                > > Hi!
                > >
                > >> Dat ar fihn (mik nehav 'er' nu - et ar 'ar' - vat tenk du?)!
                > >
                > > Both 'er' and 'ar' are fine with me and understandable I suppose.
                > > Personally, I had this idea of two verbs for 'to be', one form
                being
                > > based on Scandinavian 'vara' (I believe that's Swedish) and
                another
                > > form being based on German 'sein' or Dutch 'zijn'. There are
                quite
                > > some differences between them. In Swedish it's just 'är' in every
                > > form (I believe this is also the case in the other Scand.
                languages)
                > > but in Dutch it's 'ik ben, jij/u bent, hij/zij/het is, wij zijn,
                > > jullie zijn, zij zijn', 'u' being the polite form of 'jij'
                (you). I
                > > think the relationship with German is quite obvious here.
                >
                > Vel dat aar OK, men et aar an littel kompleks, ne? Di [reason] mik
                hav
                > 'aar' anlik (mik hav [changed] mik skribende, als du kan se - vat
                tenk
                > du?) aar foor et aar meer simpel ond regulaar. [Although] 'aar'
                nikt
                > aar liik dojtsk (german) ond nederlandisk, et vulde aar veer kvik
                > lernan (to learn) et mik tenk, ne?

                Hmmm, jaa, maaber so skulde enlig "iss"....
                Ik iss, du iss, hii iss etc..
                Et see avt(looks) lijk in proto-germanisk, dat war tree unlijk
                (different) verber for "issen", und dej hav sammensmeltet
                (melted together=merged) tu een unregel(ma"ss?)ig(??) (irregular)
                verb.

                > >> So lernd du sprakan et fron di fahrseer oler fron skohl ondso?
                > >
                > > The TV taught me how to speak it, and school taught me how to
                spell
                > > and write it (officially, school is still teaching me how to
                spell
                > > and write it). And I really like the word 'fahrseer' :).
                >
                > Heheh. Guud. Et vulde aar "feerse'er" nu mik tenk, foor mik nu hav
                tvo
                > vookallen foor lang vookallen - vat tenk du? Liikt (liked) du
                di 'h'
                > oller liik du di tvo vookallen. Hav du som [suggestions] mit
                skribende
                > (spellings)?

                Ik tenk feernse'er oller faarnse'er iss better...
                Datfor ik tenk et iss meer logisk for de spraakende dat find en
                extra vokaal to weg-tenken ("think away") et, dann for de spraakende
                dat mangel(?) (lack) en vokaal to addeer?(=add) et.
                Ik tenk suggestion skulde issen "forslaag"

                > > You can base a word for 'suppose' on Dutch 'aannemen' or
                > > German 'annehmen'. 'Aan' and 'an' are prefixes of 'nemen'
                > > and 'nehmen', meaning 'to take'. In English you can also say 'I
                take
                > > it that' instead of 'I suppose' in most cases. Do mind, that
                > > it's 'Ik neem aan/Ich nehme an' and not 'Ik aanneem/Ich annehme'.
                >
                > Danken. So...mik neem aan it vulde aar 'aanneman' in mik spraak
                den.

                Und in swedisk et is "anta", ta(ga) is de sam/self lijk "take", so
                et is hovdssaklig(?) (mainly/basically??) de sam/self woord...

                > > Yeah, in general, I'm good at languages, especially German and
                > > English (besides those two, I'm also being taught French, Latin
                and
                > > Old Greek). That brings us to a total of 5 foreign languages.
                Good,
                > > eh? Sorry about the 'good/well' mistake.
                >
                > Dat aar veer [amazing]! Ne problem mit di [mistake]! :-)

                Mistake="misstaak" oller "feel", ik tenk..
              • Xipirho
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 14, 2003
                  On Saturday, Dec 13, 2003, at 23:15 Europe/London, wakuran_wakaran
                  wrote:

                  >> Vel dat aar OK, men et aar an littel kompleks, ne? Di [reason] mik
                  > hav
                  >> 'aar' anlik (mik hav [changed] mik skribende, als du kan se - vat
                  > tenk
                  >> du?) aar foor et aar meer simpel ond regulaar. [Although] 'aar'
                  > nikt
                  >> aar liik dojtsk (german) ond nederlandisk, et vulde aar veer kvik
                  >> lernan (to learn) et mik tenk, ne?
                  >
                  > Hmmm, jaa, maaber so skulde enlig "iss"....
                  > Ik iss, du iss, hii iss etc..

                  vorfor di tvo 's'en?

                  > Et see avt(looks) lijk in proto-germanisk, dat war tree unlijk
                  > (different) verber for "issen", und dej hav sammensmeltet
                  > (melted together=merged) tu een unregel(ma"ss?)ig(??) (irregular)
                  > verb.

                  a. rekt. vit du vatt var dej? ondso, vit du vor mick kann find en tabel
                  mitt all di konjugasjonen, formen (past and present) et kettera ov di
                  verben 'to be' in all di kern tungen? di ting ar datt iff du hab
                  'issen', denn vatt hab du for di [past tense]? - du kulde hab 'waar'
                  oller somting, menn datt vulde ar unlik 'iss'...du kulde hab 'wiss'
                  vilke vulde ar lik 'was' in inglisk...vatt tenk du?

                  >>> The TV taught me how to speak it, and school taught me how to
                  > spell
                  >>> and write it (officially, school is still teaching me how to
                  > spell
                  >>> and write it). And I really like the word 'fahrseer' :).
                  >>
                  >> Heheh. Guud. Et vulde aar "feerse'er" nu mik tenk, foor mik nu hav
                  > tvo
                  >> vookallen foor lang vookallen - vat tenk du? Liikt (liked) du
                  > di 'h'
                  >> oller liik du di tvo vookallen. Hav du som [suggestions] mit
                  > skribende
                  >> (spellings)?
                  >
                  > Ik tenk feernse'er oller faarnse'er iss better...
                  > Datfor ik tenk et iss meer logisk for de spraakende dat find en
                  > extra vokaal to weg-tenken ("think away") et, dann for de spraakende
                  > dat mangel(?) (lack) en vokaal to addeer?(=add) et.

                  vell OK. vi neskulde go tu far fronn inglisk mick tenk oller dej vill
                  nelik du tung, so mogskeh 'farnseer' (in dis skribende sistem).

                  > Ik tenk suggestion skulde issen "forslaag"

                  vorfor? sorri tu frag all di tid, menn mick nevit latten ov vorden in
                  di kern spraken.

                  >>> You can base a word for 'suppose' on Dutch 'aannemen' or
                  >>> German 'annehmen'. 'Aan' and 'an' are prefixes of 'nemen'
                  >>> and 'nehmen', meaning 'to take'. In English you can also say 'I
                  > take
                  >>> it that' instead of 'I suppose' in most cases. Do mind, that
                  >>> it's 'Ik neem aan/Ich nehme an' and not 'Ik aanneem/Ich annehme'.
                  >>
                  >> Danken. So...mik neem aan it vulde aar 'aanneman' in mik spraak
                  > den.
                  >
                  > Und in swedisk et is "anta", ta(ga) is de sam/self lijk "take", so
                  > et is hovdssaklig(?) (mainly/basically??) de sam/self woord...

                  hm. so inglisk ond skandinavisk ar lik igen...hm...skall ett ar
                  'antakan' oller 'an'neman' denn!?

                  >>> Yeah, in general, I'm good at languages, especially German and
                  >>> English (besides those two, I'm also being taught French, Latin
                  > and
                  >>> Old Greek). That brings us to a total of 5 foreign languages.
                  > Good,
                  >>> eh? Sorry about the 'good/well' mistake.
                  >>
                  >> Dat aar veer [amazing]! Ne problem mit di [mistake]! :-)
                  >
                  > Mistake="misstaak" oller "feel", ik tenk..

                  sicker 'misstaak'.
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 14, 2003
                    > > Hmmm, jaa, maaber so skulde enlig "iss"....
                    > > Ik iss, du iss, hii iss etc..
                    >
                    > vorfor di tvo 's'en?

                    Hmmm, ik tenkde et skulde meer klar wirden...
                    Ik annimm dat mijn skriib-system niit is perfekt duuruch(thorough)
                    tenket...
                    change=enderen, ik tenk

                    > > Et see avt(looks) lijk in proto-germanisk, dat war tree unlijk
                    > > (different) verber for "issen", und dej hav sammensmeltet
                    > > (melted together=merged) tu een unregel(ma"ss?)ig(??) (irregular)
                    > > verb.
                    >
                    > a. rekt. vit du vatt var dej? ondso, vit du vor mick kann find en
                    tabel
                    > mitt all di konjugasjonen, formen (past and present) et kettera ov
                    di
                    > verben 'to be' in all di kern tungen? di ting ar datt iff du hab
                    > 'issen', denn vatt hab du for di [past tense]? - du kulde
                    hab 'waar'
                    > oller somting, menn datt vulde ar unlik 'iss'...du kulde
                    hab 'wiss'
                    > vilke vulde ar lik 'was' in inglisk...vatt tenk du?

                    Ik bruuk "waar"... Et iss in dojtsk und skandinavisk..
                    En woord skriibet lijk "Was" iss in englisk und hollandsk, doch..
                    Ik anneem dat ik folg (follow) de unregel(ma"ss)ighejter
                    (irregularities) in de kern-spraaker =S...

                    Eng: http://www.verbix.com/webverbix/go.asp?D1=20&H1=120&T1=be
                    Doj: http://www.verbix.com/webverbix/go.asp?D1=22&H1=122&T1=sein
                    Hol: http://www.verbix.com/webverbix/go.asp?D1=24&H1=124&T1=zijn
                    Swe: http://www.verbix.com/webverbix/go.asp?D1=21&H1=121&T1=vara
                    Dan: http://www.verbix.com/webverbix/go.asp?D1=26&H1=126&T1=v%E6re
                    Nor*: http://www.verbix.com/webverbix/go.asp?D1=25&H1=125&T1=v%E6re
                    Ijs: http://www.verbix.com/webverbix/go.asp?D1=28&H1=128&T1=vera
                    Far: http://www.verbix.com/webverbix/go.asp?D1=75&H1=175&T1=vera

                    (Jiddisk waar niit daar, Afrikaans waar (still) under konstruktion.)

                    *Norwegian bokma'l, de hovdsaaklig dialekt in Norge..
                    Muck influudet*
                    (*Et is woonlig/gemeen mit een buukstavlig oversetting
                    ov de latinsk woord influere/influx)
                    ov de danisk, efter 500 jaarer ov ockupation...

                    > > Ik tenk feernse'er oller faarnse'er iss better...
                    > > Datfor ik tenk et iss meer logisk for de spraakende dat find en
                    > > extra vokaal to weg-tenken ("think away") et, dann for de
                    spraakende
                    > > dat mangel(?) (lack) en vokaal to addeer?(=add) et.
                    >
                    > vell OK. vi neskulde go tu far fronn inglisk mick tenk oller dej
                    vill
                    > nelik du tung, so mogskeh 'farnseer' (in dis skribende sistem).

                    Du tung??? Mijn tung iss swedisk...
                    Overig, "mangelen" iss enlig bruuket in dojtsk, norwegisk und
                    danisk..
                    Et see avt lijk de hollander bruuk "missen",
                    und et iss mogskee better, ik tenk dat et iss en meer woonlig/gemeen
                    kognat, et hav niit de sam/self meening in all de kern-spraaker,
                    maaber et skulde issen (rather) leikt/simpel tu forstaaen dat et
                    meen "lack", fron de kontext/innhold(content).

                    > > Ik tenk suggestion skulde issen "forslaag"
                    >
                    > vorfor? sorri tu frag all di tid, menn mick nevit latten ov vorden
                    in
                    > di kern spraken.

                    Latten = Lot?? Bruuk en ting lijk Nor:Mange, Eng:Many, Holl:Menig in
                    de plats. (instead)
                    Dojtsk: Vorschlag
                    Hollandsk: 1. aanbieding, bod, aanbod, voorslag, voorstel
                    Swedisk: Fo"rslag

                    > > Und in swedisk et is "anta", ta(ga) is de sam/self lijk "take",
                    so
                    > > et is hovdssaklig(?) (mainly/basically??) de sam/self woord...
                    >
                    > hm. so inglisk ond skandinavisk ar lik igen...hm...skall ett ar
                    > 'antakan' oller 'an'neman' denn!?

                    Uhmm, ja, "take" ist en old woord loonet(borrowed) fron "old norsk".
                    Sidens de woord "antake" niit iss in englisk,
                    ik tenk dat anneeman iss mogskee better...
                    Wenn man skulde bruuk de woord "take", ik iss niit seker, doch...

                    > > Mistake="misstaak" oller "feel", ik tenk..
                    >
                    > sicker 'misstaak'.

                    Sicker??