to be...or not to be/eran...ohder nikt eran

  • Xipirho
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2003
      When everyone uses "ar" for "to be", is it supposed to be said with a
      long vowel or a short one? How is "är" said in Scandinavian BTW? Also,
      could anyone tell me how all/any you know of the Ger. languages say to
      be, am, are, is etc. and what they do for the past version? Thanks very
      much everyone/anyone. Oh, and could someone kind (some kind one)
      translate the words i couldn't into folksprahk for me? Thanks!

      ven ehderehn uhts "ar" for "to be", er et mehnd eran sahgd mit an lang
      ?vohkalihk? ohder an kort an? ho er "är" sahgd in skandinavisk BDV?
      Ondso, kunde [anyone tell] mik ho al/[any] du viht ov di germanisk
      tungen sahg eran, er, er, er et ketera, ond vat dej do for di
      ?forgangen? versjon? tank vehr muk ehderan/[anyone]. Ak, ond kunde som
      [kind] an ohversete di vorden mik ne'kunde [into] foksprahk for mik?
      tanken!