Re: [folkspraak] A vowel-selection algorithm

  • Christopher Burd
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 9, 2000
      I'm glad you like it. As you point out, it's quite striking how
      closely the results conforms to the forms you created intuitively.

      Assuming everyone has Excel, I'd like to post a spreadsheet that can
      do the calculations automatically, once I create a user-friendly
      version of the sheet I have now.

      I'd also post a explanation of the manual method (which is not
      terrible difficult to learn - I've been scribbling down little vowel
      tables everywhere over the last few days).

      The same logic can be used to standardise consonants. It's much
      simpler, of course: typically you have a fairly stark choice between
      a few variants (e.g., B, V, P, F), not the infinite number of
      possible blends you get on the vowel side.

      Cheers,

      Chris