Re: [folkspraak] Folkspraak needs passive voice

  • bonesplitter@email.com
    Message 1 of 274 , Jul 2, 2003
      From: Xipirho <xipirho@...>
      Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 18:53:25 +0100
      To: folkspraak@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [folkspraak] Folkspraak needs passive voice

      > well using "x" for all negatives is very compact and useful and the
      > only disadvantage is learning it! does scandinavian have a way to say
      > it with two words (i.e."was bitten") as well as the passive voice?

      yes they do.

      ex ( danish)
      jeg bides = i am being bitten
      jeg bliver bidt = i am being bitten

      As you see much shorter much smarter, and in contrast to the x it is actually a germanic feature
      http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup
    • Daan Goedkoop
      Message 274 of 274 , Jul 14, 2003
        Op maandag 14 juli 2003 21:49, schreef Xipirho:
        > On Monday, Jul 14, 2003, at 15:44 Europe/London, Daan Goedkoop wrote:
        > >> yea - so they made the spelling WORSE!? why did anyone follow their
        > >> decree?
        > >
        > > Yes. It was official. The government had to use it by law, as did the
        > > schools.
        > > The dictionaries also adopted the new spelling, because they did not
        > > want to
        > > be "wrong", and then the "normal man" did so either.
        >
        > Ah, OK, so who put about the rumour?
        >
        > >> so do you still have fotokopie and copie?
        > >
        > > No, the latter has changed to kopie.
        >
        > wonderful! now that's a bonus at least.

        > >> sounds good. i think we shoudl slot and "e" in "rekn" tho, thus
        > >> "rekenmaskiin" or something.
        > >
        > > Yes. English reckon and Dutch reken both have a schwa between the k
        > > and the n.
        > > German and Scandinavian don't, however.
        >
        > yea - i was just thinking that we ought to have one-vowel-per-sylabel
        > tho. maybe this isnty the case. also, to say the verb in the present it
        > would be "rekn" if we didnt put a vowel in, which would be a bit odd.

        Swedish uses -e- for this, which would then make reknemaskin. So then, which
        do you like better, rekenmaskin or reknemaskin?

        Btw. I have put some sample sentences of my dialect in a language guesser, one
        made Swedish of it, one German and one Dutch, and with the one who thought
        about German also listed how it thought about the others, and it found mostly
        German/Dutch/English, to some lesser extent Swedish and much less other
        languages like Spanish and such.

        Daan.