Re: [folkspraak] German Essay full of Slang & Idioms, with English Translation

  • Jeffrey Henning
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 29, 2000
      The list currently doesn't support attachments. When they add some
      automatic virus checking of attachments (something they are working on),
      then the list will support attachments. In the meantime, you can upload it
      to the files section of the site: http://www.onelist.com/files/folkspraak

      Best regards,

      Jeffrey Henning
      http://www.LangMaker.com/ - Invent Your Own Language
      http://www.Jeffrey.Henning.com/
      "If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed.... Oh, wait, he
      does!"
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2000
        > The list currently doesn't support attachments.  When they add some<BR>
        > automatic virus checking of attachments (something they are working on),<BR>
        > then the list will support attachments.  In the meantime, you can upload it<BR>
        > to the files section of the site:  <a href="http://www.onelist.com/files/folkspraak">http://www.onelist.com/files/folkspraak</a><BR>

        What??? AFAIK, emails are just text. A virus need to be executable.
        So, the only virus I can think of is a HOAX.
      • Jeffrey Henning
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2000
          Thomas Uwe Gruettmueller <sloyment@...> skriben:

          > What??? AFAIK, emails are just text. A virus need to be executable.
          > So, the only virus I can think of is a HOAX.

          It's not the e-mail, its the attachments that can be .exes. Word and Excel
          documents can also contain viruses, thanks to the ability to embed Visual
          Basic for Application macros within them. There have been virus-like
          scripts in web pages, too, even though web pages are just text (the problems
          have been with JavaScript, VBScript, Java and ActiveX objects).

          Best regards,

          Jeffrey Henning
          http://www.LangMaker.com/ - Invent Your Own Language
          http://www.Jeffrey.Henning.com/
          "If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed.... Oh, wait, he
          does!"
        • Thomas Uwe Gruettmueller
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 2, 2000
            > > What??? AFAIK, emails are just text. A virus need to be executable.<BR>
            > > So, the only virus I can think of is a HOAX.<BR>
            > <BR>
            > It's not the e-mail, its the attachments that can be .exes.  Word and Excel<BR>
            > documents can also contain viruses, thanks to the ability to embed Visual<BR>
            > Basic for Application macros within them.  There have been virus-like<BR>
            > scripts in web pages, too, even though web pages are just text (the problems<BR>
            > have been with JavaScript, VBScript, Java and ActiveX objects).<BR>

            Simply, don't use Exes, Word, Excel, and turn off Non-HTML-Browser
            extensions. Then you should be safe.

            Bye
            Thomas