Re: [folkspraak] new member

  • Xipirho
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 22, 2003
      On Friday, March 21, 2003, at 10:51 pm, McHenry wrote:

      > Thanks for the welcome, Roland! I don't know why I love languages,
      > but
      > it is just so fun to learn them. I know some Spanish, some Norwegian
      > (it is
      > so hard to not write Norwegian greetings right now- used to writing
      > that to
      > all the Norwegian people!), and English. I think that I might start on
      > Esperenzo or Irish Gaelic. Esperenzo (or Esperanzo???) is sort of an
      > international language, meant to be a last chance to be able to talk to
      > somebody who doesn't know your language, or you don't know their
      > language,
      > etc. The grammar seems really easy.

      yeah. it's called esperanto by the way, and it means a "hoper" (one who
      hopes) in esperanto; think esperanza in spanish and spero in latin.
      there were a few complicatiosn in esperanto tho, which have been ironed
      out in teh language "ido", which is basically esperanto with a few
      changes. the problem i have with esperanto/ido is that it's not by any
      means completely neutral. i mean, it's ok for european language
      speakers (although it has much more romance than germanic or slavic),
      but it puts them at quite an advantage over others. for this reason i
      like the idea of the lojban (www.lojban.org) language, but i found the
      lessons realy hard to follow, so i havn't learned it at all really.

      > I am so new to this language making stuff, so I guess that I'll
      > have to
      > really be doing my homework! I like spelling and English also (but my
      > English teacher is really killing it!!!).
      > Congratulations on your endeavors with spelling in both English and
      > Folkspraak, and thanks for the link!

      thanks! no worries bout the link.

      bai bai.