Re: [folkspraak] Re: Correlatives

  • Fenris
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 26, 2013
      OK, so i've integrated Ingmars pronouns as well. Unfortunately the
      correlatives-table of his proposal is also quite empty. I will also
      include Frenkish shortly.

      I made a little tool to view the pronouns of the different languages and
      proposals (see Personal Pronouns
      <http://folkspraak.bfadmin.schokokeks.org/?page=personal_pronouns> and
      <http://folkspraak.bfadmin.schokokeks.org/?page=correlatives>) for
      easier comparison. Some natural languages are still missing or
      incomplete, especially Afrikaans, Yiddish and Icelandic (which i would
      consider quite an important factor for Folkspraak, since it is the
      closest one to Proto-Germanic AFAIK). Whoever knows the missing words,
      please tell me and i will include them (Google is not a good reference

      I also made a draft <http://tinyurl.com/a2ok39n> for an own proposal for
      the correlatives: The endings are supposed to be the words for the
      specific domains (*tid* ~ /time/, *sted* ~ /location/, *man* ~
      /human///person/, ...) except for thing and possession. The prefixes for
      the universal (*al-*), undefined (*et-*) and negative (*iq-*)
      correlatives are taken from different Germanic languages and their
      vowels resemble their semantics: "a" is spoken with an open mouth and
      "i" with a closed one, "e" is somewhere in between. The symbol *q* shall
      represent the [?]-sound; replace it with *ng*, if you like. Any
      suggestions on it?

      PS: I'm not sure if it was a good idea to address this subject when
      there is still no agreement on the grammar or even the
      orthography/phonology... sorry :/