Wiki created

  • Christian Fraß
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 14, 2013
      *[en]*
      Hy

      The proposed Wiki is now created. For the moment it is acceesible via
      the address folkspraak.de.vu <http://folkspraak.de.vu>. In case it will
      be used i consider registrating a real domain. Feel free to fill it with
      content and to suggest enhancments.
      I wasn't sure which language to use. I've chosen English for now.

      Greetings,
      Christian

      *[de]*
      Hallo

      Das angedachte Wiki ist nun erstellt. Für's erste ist es unter der
      Adresse folkspraak.de.vu <http://folkspraak.de.vu> erreichbar. Sollte es
      genutzt werden, so werde ich wohl auch eine richtige Domain
      registrieren. Fügt Inhalte hinzu und macht Verbesserungsvorschläge wann
      immer ihr wollt.
      Ich war mir nicht sicher, welche Sprache ich für das Wiki nutzen sollte.
      Ich hab mich erstmal für Englisch entschieden.

      Gruß,
      Christian

    • David
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 14, 2013
        Thanks Christian,

        I will try to add some articles to it. I've been writing up some Germanic conlang stuff on Frathwiki recently.

        --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, Christian Fraß wrote:

        > *[en]*
        > Hy
        >
        > The proposed Wiki is now created. For the moment it is acceesible via
        > the address folkspraak.de.vu . In case it will
        > be used i consider registrating a real domain. Feel free to fill it with
        > content and to suggest enhancments.
        > I wasn't sure which language to use. I've chosen English for now.
        >
        > Greetings,
        > Christian

        > *[de]*
        > Hallo
        >
        > Das angedachte Wiki ist nun erstellt. Für's erste ist es unter der
        > Adresse folkspraak.de.vu erreichbar. Sollte es
        > genutzt werden, so werde ich wohl auch eine richtige Domain
        > registrieren. Fügt Inhalte hinzu und macht Verbesserungsvorschläge wann
        > immer ihr wollt.
        > Ich war mir nicht sicher, welche Sprache ich für das Wiki nutzen sollte.
        > Ich hab mich erstmal für Englisch entschieden.
        >
        > Gruß,
        > Christian

      • David
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 16, 2013
          Does anybody have any suggestions of how to convert formated text, from for example MS Word, into "Wiki" format? I'm looking for some way to paste in text from a Word processor and keep the bolds, italics etc. It would save a huge amount of time getting documents into the Wiki.

          --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, "David" wrote:

          > Thanks Christian,
          >
          > I will try to add some articles to it. I've been writing up some Germanic conlang stuff on Frathwiki recently.
          >
          > --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, Christian Fraß wrote:
          > >
          > > *[en]*
          > > Hy
          > >
          > > The proposed Wiki is now created. For the moment it is acceesible via
          > > the address folkspraak.de.vu . In case it will
          > > be used i consider registrating a real domain. Feel free to fill it with
          > > content and to suggest enhancments.
          > > I wasn't sure which language to use. I've chosen English for now.
          > >
          > > Greetings,
          > > Christian

          > > *[de]*
          > > Hallo
          > >
          > > Das angedachte Wiki ist nun erstellt. Für's erste ist es unter der
          > > Adresse folkspraak.de.vu erreichbar. Sollte es
          > > genutzt werden, so werde ich wohl auch eine richtige Domain
          > > registrieren. Fügt Inhalte hinzu und macht Verbesserungsvorschläge wann
          > > immer ihr wollt.
          > > Ich war mir nicht sicher, welche Sprache ich für das Wiki nutzen sollte.
          > > Ich hab mich erstmal für Englisch entschieden.
          > >
          > > Gruß,
          > > Christian

        • Erik
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 16, 2013
            Hey David,

            same like Wikipedia that wiki at http://folkspraak.de.vu uses "MediaWiki" markup ("file format") . See "powered by MediaWiki" button at the right lower corner of wiki at http://folkspraak.de.vu . I found following tools but I haven't used it before.

            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:WordToWiki
            http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=12298
            http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/de/project/wikipublisher

            cheers, Erik

            PS: Yahoo does some maintaince work at Yahoo groups. Thats why probably emails to folkspraak@yahoogroups.com will distributed with some hours delay.

            ________________________________
            Does anybody have any suggestions of how to convert formated text, from for example MS Word, into "Wiki" format? I'm looking for some way to paste in text from a Word processor and keep the bolds, italics etc. It would save a huge amount of time getting documents into the Wiki.

            --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, "David" wrote:

            > Thanks Christian,
            >
            > I will try to add some articles to it. I've been writing up some Germanic conlang stuff on Frathwiki recently.
            >
            > --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, Christian Fraß wrote:
            > >
            > > *[en]*
            > > Hy
            > >
            > > The proposed Wiki is now created. For the moment it is acceesible via
            > > the address folkspraak.de.vu . In case it will
            > > be used i consider registrating a real domain. Feel free to fill it with
            > > content and to suggest enhancments.
            > > I wasn't sure which language to use. I've chosen English for now.
            > >
            > > Greetings,
            > > Christian

            > > *[de]*
            > > Hallo
            > >
            > > Das angedachte Wiki ist nun erstellt. Für's erste ist es unter der
            > > Adresse folkspraak.de.vu erreichbar. Sollte es
            > > genutzt werden, so werde ich wohl auch eine richtige Domain
            > > registrieren. Fügt Inhalte hinzu und macht Verbesserungsvorschläge wann
            > > immer ihr wollt.
            > > Ich war mir nicht sicher, welche Sprache ich für das Wiki nutzen sollte.
            > > Ich hab mich erstmal für Englisch entschieden.
            > >
            > > Gruß,
            > > Christian

          • Christian Fraß
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 16, 2013
              Hy

              You could try saving as HTML and then using a converter to markdown with
              a tool (for example Markdownify
              <http://milianw.de/projects/markdownify/>). But i guess that this is a
              rather bad solution, since you will certainly loose some information
              like tables or so. What kind of documents are they? Example texts?

              Greetings,
              Christian

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 21, 2013
                Thanks for that! I've posted a guide for the form of Folksprak words -- native Germanic and Romance borrowings also.