Re: FolkspraakenArtikel

  • Dinkel@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 12, 1999
      Very cool... i'd like to see the comparisons.. is there a way we can figure
      which would be the better the alternative? Does Onelist have a survey
      capability?
    • Jeffrey Henning
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 12, 1999
        <Dinkel@...> scriben:

        > Very cool... i'd like to see the comparisons.. is there a way we can
        figure
        > which would be the better the alternative? Does Onelist have a survey
        > capability?

        Yes, OneList has a survey capability, though rather simple. My real job is
        as VP R&D for Perseus Development Corp., which publishes SurveySolutions for
        the Web, a full survey product. You can download a free trial and write a
        detailed questionnaire and post it either to a web page or distribute it by
        e-mail. Then you can build a database of the results and have some
        automatic charts and graphs as well. The only limit is 25 respondents,
        which shouldn't be a problem, since we have about 34 and not all will
        respond. Try it out! :-)

        Best regards,

        Jeffrey Henning
        Perseus SurveySolutions for the Web
        Fast, Easy, Professional Web & E-mail Surveys
        Download your free trial today! -- http://www.perseus.com/
      • BriBri56@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 12, 1999
          Here's the differences I noticed between our vocabularies so far:

          Book = Buk vs Bok
          Car = Auto vs Wagen
          To Drink = Trinken vs Drinken
          Father = Vather vs Fader
          Library = Biblithek vs Bibliotek
          Morning = Moren vs Morgen
          Mother = Muther vs Moder

          I'll probably find more differences as I enter the rest of my index cards
          (which are not in order, thanks to my very playful dogs) into my Folkspraak
          spreadsheet.

          Brian
        • Dan Dawes
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 13, 1999
            Wo ist das Artikel geposted? Welche webseit?

            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 13, 1999
              Der FolkspraakenArtikel binen geposted an der Onelist, in der <Files> area
              von der vebsite. Ik habe geposten twe Filens an der Onelist. En bine der
              Artikel, und en bine just der Wortlist. Ik kanne emailen dem zu U auchs.
              Danke.

              <The Folkspraak article has been posted on Onelist, in the "Files" area of
              the website. I have posted two files on Onelist. One is the article, and one
              is just the wordlist. I can email them to you also. Thanks.>

              Dinkel@...
            • Dan Dawes
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 13, 1999
                Ik bin dumm. Ik kann nicht finden onelist. Bitte, emailen der List zu mir.
                dawes@...

                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 13, 1999
                  I'm trying my hand at this phonology thing, and it ain't easy. Some patterns
                  are pretty easy to figure out: German AU = Dutch UI = Scandinavian U =
                  English OW or OU (more often than not). I'd go with AU, cuz it still sounds
                  right in English.

                  Maus, Haus, Tausend, Braun, and Aut should be easy to figure out.
                  En tausend braun Mausens renned (loped) aut av min Haus!
                • Dinkel@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 14, 1999
                    www.onelist.com/community/folkspraak