Re: Folksprak Facebook

    Message 1 of 35 , Nov 21, 2012
      Let's say 2005, but I'm not entirely sure.

      I also constructed a different Slavic language that might interest you, called Vardian (Wardijns in Dutch), a Slavonic languages with great influence of Hungarian in both phonology and grammar, spoken in the imaginary small country of Vorádija (Engl. Vardia, Dtch Wardije) between Hungary and Romania, so with no Slavic speaking neighbours. It's situated around its capital Vorád, along the Kyryš and Bërëčyw (Hung Berettyó/Rom. Barcău) rivers and the Bihor mountains at the Western fringe of Transylvania. Btw all these sites really exist, the capital Vorád is actually in Romania and is called Oradea in Romanian, Nagy-Varád in Hungarian and Gross-Wardein in German, the three Kyryš rivers are called Hung. Körös and Rom. Criș) and the Bërëčyw is Hung. Berettyó and Rom. Barcău.

      A few numerals:
      énj, dová, terí, čytýr, pät(5), šeš, semm, asom, dyvynt, desënt (10), ennecän, donnacán, terrenecän, čyrrynycön, pennecän (15), šeččän, semmecän, occán, dynnycön, dóccátj (20), téccätj, čüccötj, päccätj (50), šéččätj, söccätj, óccátj, düccötj, sató (100).
      pyryvýj = first, vatoraj = second, teretëj = third etc.

      These examples already show the vowel harmony, geminate consonants and avoidance of consonant clusters, fixed first syllable stress, all features of Hungarian.
      btw y = schwa, ë = short æ, ä = long æ, ö = long ø, ý = short y, ü = long y, á = long a, c = ts, etc.

      personal pronouns:
      éz = I
      tý = you
      ó = he, she, it (as in Hungarian, there's no gender)
      mi = we
      vý = you (pl)
      önj = they

      pronominal and possessive suffixes:
      -em/-ym/-am = me, my (depending on preceding vowel, harmony)
      -et/-yt/-at = you, your (singular)
      -(j)e/-(j)y/-(j)a = him/her/it, his/her/its
      -eni/-yný/-ona = us, our
      -evi/-yvý/-ova = you, your (plural)
      -(j)en/-(j)yn/-(j)on = they, their

      verbal suffixes:
      -em/-ym/-am = present, first person singular
      -eš/-yš/-aš = 2 p s
      -e/-y/-a = 3 p s
      -emej/-ymyj/-amoj = 1 p plural
      -etej/-ytyj/-atoj = 2 p pl
      -é/-ö/-ó = 3 p pl

      ideti = to go
      idem I go
      ideš you go
      ide he/she goes
      idemej we go
      idetej you go (pl)
      idé they go

      myžyti to be able
      myžym - myžyš -myžy - myžymyj - myžytyj - myžö

      kupati to buy
      kupam - kupaš - kupa - kupamoj - kupatoj - kupó

      býti to be
      sem - eš - e - symyj - setej - sö

      past / perfect:

      idelem I went
      ideleš you went
      idele he/she went
      idelemej we went
      ideletej you went
      idelé they went

      kupalam - kupalaš - kupala - kupalamoj - kupalatoj -kupaló (to buy)

      myyžlym - myžylyš - myžyly - myžylymyj - myžylytyj -myžylö (can)

      býlym - býlyš - býly (bö) - býlymyj - býlytyj - býlö (to be)

      transitive vs intransitive verbs suffixes:

      kupam - kupjó I buy it - I buy
      kupaš - kupasi you buy it - you buy
      kupa - kup he buys it - he buys
      kupamoj - kupammi we ...
      kupatoj - kupatti you ...
      kupó - kupon they ...

      kupalam - kupaljó I bought it - I bought
      kupalaš - kupalasi you
      kupala - kupal he/she
      kupalamoj - kupalammi
      kupalatoj - kupalatti
      kupaló - kupalon

      zonáti to know
      zonám - zonájó
      zonᚠ- zonási
      zoná - zona
      zonámoj - zonámmi
      zonátoj - zonátti
      zonáó - zonáon

      This was from 2003

      Ingmar Roerdinkholder

      --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, "ijzeren_jan" <ijzeren_jan@...> wrote:

      > Hi Ingmar,
      >
      > Yes, I remember about Medjazik. I've even listed it on my page about Slavic auxlangs: http://steen.free.fr/interslavic/constructed_slavic_languages.html. Which reminds me, I haven't a year listed. Perhaps you could enlighten me? ;)
      >
      > As for the Interslavic Facebooks groups:
      > * Interslavic/Medžuslovjanski: http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/interslavic/
      > * Neoslavonic/Novoslovìnsky: http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/neoslavonic/
      >
      > There are other Facebook groups were Interslavic is used regularly, but they are not specifically language-related.
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Jan

      > > Hoi IJzeren Jan,
      > >
      > > A few years ago I started with an Interslavic language myself, called Medjazik, because I though Slovio was too schematic. Unfortunately I knew too little Slav(on)ic languages and left the 'project' after having completed the very basics. Those you can find here:
      > >
      > > http://www.slovio.com/jaz-medjazik/index.html
      > >

      > > And what are the Interslavic Facebook pages' names?
      > >
      > > Groeten
      > > Ingmar Roerdinkholder
      > >
      > > --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, "ijzeren_jan" <ijzeren_jan@> wrote:

      > > > It's a good idea. Interslavic has two groups on Facebook, together with some 400-500 members, and both are pretty active. Interestlingly, almost all discussion is held in Interslavic, unlike the Forum were we talk more about the language in English than actually using it.
      > > >
      > > > BTW the Folkspraak article on the Polish wikipedia has just been proposed for deletion. To be frank, there's little I can say against that, because the article is a mess and it completely lacks sources. Are there any publications in/about Folkspraak, media attention, whatever?
      > > >
      > > > Cheers,
      > > > Jan

    • Nissa Annakindt
      Message 35 of 35 , Jan 1, 2013
        I already joined. I think having a Facebook page also would be a good idea,
        not everyone likes to join the groups.