Re: Folksprak Facebook

  • Erik
    Message 1 of 35 , Nov 21, 2012
      Hey,

      I agree. YahooGroup seems not at top list of most active social media. Regarding Facebook. Hhm. Generaly I dislike Facebook's lazyness about privacy matters. Honestly at Facebook I also can't see some useful "features of productivity" to spread Folkspraak. But maybe some combination would get Folkspraak-project running more visible. How I already wrote it urgently needs to develop some kind of tutorial to dive into Folkspraak. Since couple of weeks Neoslavonic project publishes PDF tutorial. http://www.neoslavonic.org (See on top: You can download this Neoslavonic language tutorial in one compact PDF file from here ...) It would be nice to have something similar like this for Folkspraak-project, too. Also some kind of Youtube presentation would be nice. I.e. like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu12z6wu2J8 (0:28 minute cont.)

      In general I also would recommend to think about some collaberation between Folkspraak, Interlingua(IALA,UMI) and umbrella project Interslavic(which try to bundle slavic zonal language efforts). For your interest some ongoing discussion about that kind of collaboration:

      http://s8.zetaboards.com/Slovianski/topic/8387051
      http://s8.zetaboards.com/Slovianski/topic/8386341

      regards,

      Erik

      --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, "David" <parked@...> wrote:

      > This group has got really quiet lately. In fact, all the Yahoo conlang groups that I subscribe to are increasingly unused.
      >
      > I'm not entirely pessimistic -- I think it says something about the changing landscape of Social media. Yahoo groups aren't the state-of-the-art or fashionable. anymore.
      >
      > There are a few very lively conlanging groups established on Facebook now. I contribute to those.
      >
      > I think that we should found a Folksprak Facebook group. I think this may be a more attractive and fashionable forum for developing this project.
      >
      > Anybody have anything to add?
      >
      > --David Parke

    • Nissa Annakindt
      Message 35 of 35 , Jan 1, 2013
        I already joined. I think having a Facebook page also would be a good idea,
        not everyone likes to join the groups.