Re: linguistic standardization of Folkspraak?

  • nordslesviger
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 17, 2012
      Hello Erik,

      there is surely a need for learning materials, so it would be very good if we could find a way to produce some lessons.

      Regards

      Björn

      --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, "Erik" <ditassp2@...> wrote:

      > Hey,
      >
      > did happened any efforts to use methods of linguistic standardization to fix Folkspraak vocabulary? Same like done with Interlingua vocabulary?
      >
      > I feel somewhat fascinated by the idea to establish some kind of docking naturalistic conlang triple Folkspraak, Interlingua and Interslavic[3]. So, would be fine to open collaberation to create standardized learning material which enables to learn Folkspraak, Interlingua and Interslavic with same learning concept fixed inside standardized learning material. What I could offer: Currently I try to translate F.M. Gopsill's "Interlingua Today"[4] into German. In my opinion that teaching materials has an very well suited learning concept. It contains several methods to "rephrase" (german: Lernstoff umwaelzen; umwälzen) foreign language learn objects/assets.
      >
      > So, please, could you give some response?
      >
      > regards, Erik
      >
      > [1] Stillman, E. Clark; Gode: Interlinguistic Standardization (objective methodology for the extraction and standardization of international vocabulary. Contact "Mulaik, Stanley A" <pscccsm@...> for further information.
      > [2] http://www.interlingua.com ; http://www.interforo.org/
      > [3] http://steen.free.fr/interslavic/index.html ; http://s8.zetaboards.com/Slovianski/index/
      > [4] http://www.interlingua.com/libros/en.htm ; http://www.interforo.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=26132

    • Erik
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 18, 2012
        Hey Björn,

        http://www.createspace.com/ (no server needs to set up)

        http://www.sourcefabric.org/en/booktype/ (somebody need to host that server solution)

        Regarding learning concepts. That fast, right know I can only point to Interlingua course material. Of course other learning concepts for languages would be interesting, too.

        http://www.interlingua.com/instruction-national
        [1] http://sites.google.com/site/interlingualingvo/file-cabinet
        http://www.busuu.com/
        http://www.linguanet-worldwide.org/

        [1] The course by Schild, Andre could look somewhat archaric. But please try to distinct layout and content (XML-like).

        Last, but not least. Everybody who could made it, heartly welcome to present Folkspraak at next Interlingua (mini-?)congress 2013 in Freiburg/Breisgau in Germany:

        http://www.interlingua.com/official/2012-08-28-conferentia2013

        regards, Erik (from Munich/Germany)

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 19, 2012
          Hi Erik

          Well, I'm not the right person to represent Folkspraak in such a project. I'm just a passive member of this group. My interests are some sort of a simplified German, something like Basic English or Kolonial-Deutsch. It should rather be people like David or Ingmar if they are interested.

          However, I have a few thoughts on the subject. First of all avoid to use materials under copyright. Secondly find some material created by linguists with expertise in language teaching.

          Perhaps you can find something useful at Foreign Service Institute. It has a lot of language courses developed by the United States government and all the courses are in the public domain.

          http://fsi-language-courses.org/

          Best regards

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 21, 2012
            Thanks, Björn,

            > Secondly find some material created by linguists with expertise in > language teaching.

            Yes, I agree. But probably the concept of teaching material has to be customized to needs of Folkspraak language learning.

            Hhm, furthermore, some language course builder software could be helpfully to get the whole idea Teaching Folkspraak started. I will try that[1] one to check if it could be usefull for foreign languages.

            regards, Erik

            [1] http://www.easygenerator.com/free-elearning-authoring/