Re: FolkspraakenArtikel

  • BriBri56@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 11, 1999
      Great job of putting it all together, Dinkel! I printed out the Artikel
      (landscape worked best) as a handy reference guide. We've come up with
      different variations of some words. I'll put together a comparison list and
      post it in a little while.
    • Dinkel@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 12, 1999
        Very cool... i'd like to see the comparisons.. is there a way we can figure
        which would be the better the alternative? Does Onelist have a survey
        capability?
      • Jeffrey Henning
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 12, 1999
          <Dinkel@...> scriben:

          > Very cool... i'd like to see the comparisons.. is there a way we can
          figure
          > which would be the better the alternative? Does Onelist have a survey
          > capability?

          Yes, OneList has a survey capability, though rather simple. My real job is
          as VP R&D for Perseus Development Corp., which publishes SurveySolutions for
          the Web, a full survey product. You can download a free trial and write a
          detailed questionnaire and post it either to a web page or distribute it by
          e-mail. Then you can build a database of the results and have some
          automatic charts and graphs as well. The only limit is 25 respondents,
          which shouldn't be a problem, since we have about 34 and not all will
          respond. Try it out! :-)

          Best regards,

          Jeffrey Henning
          Perseus SurveySolutions for the Web
          Fast, Easy, Professional Web & E-mail Surveys
          Download your free trial today! -- http://www.perseus.com/
        • BriBri56@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 12, 1999
            Here's the differences I noticed between our vocabularies so far:

            Book = Buk vs Bok
            Car = Auto vs Wagen
            To Drink = Trinken vs Drinken
            Father = Vather vs Fader
            Library = Biblithek vs Bibliotek
            Morning = Moren vs Morgen
            Mother = Muther vs Moder

            I'll probably find more differences as I enter the rest of my index cards
            (which are not in order, thanks to my very playful dogs) into my Folkspraak
            spreadsheet.

            Brian
          • Dan Dawes
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 13, 1999
              Wo ist das Artikel geposted? Welche webseit?

              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 13, 1999
                Der FolkspraakenArtikel binen geposted an der Onelist, in der <Files> area
                von der vebsite. Ik habe geposten twe Filens an der Onelist. En bine der
                Artikel, und en bine just der Wortlist. Ik kanne emailen dem zu U auchs.
                Danke.

                <The Folkspraak article has been posted on Onelist, in the "Files" area of
                the website. I have posted two files on Onelist. One is the article, and one
                is just the wordlist. I can email them to you also. Thanks.>

                Dinkel@...
              • Dan Dawes
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 13, 1999
                  Ik bin dumm. Ik kann nicht finden onelist. Bitte, emailen der List zu mir.
                  dawes@...

                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 13, 1999
                    I'm trying my hand at this phonology thing, and it ain't easy. Some patterns
                    are pretty easy to figure out: German AU = Dutch UI = Scandinavian U =
                    English OW or OU (more often than not). I'd go with AU, cuz it still sounds
                    right in English.

                    Maus, Haus, Tausend, Braun, and Aut should be easy to figure out.
                    En tausend braun Mausens renned (loped) aut av min Haus!
                  • Dinkel@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 14, 1999
                      www.onelist.com/community/folkspraak