Re: no credit card required for our contacting services!!

  • David
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 14, 2011
      Give me a chance, the moderator's only just got out of bed!

      Strangely enough, the original message didn't get automatically flagged as spam. But your (Dana Nutter) message was flagged as spam and put on hold pending my approval.

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 14, 2011
        Well, we don't need spam messages but neither people reacting like Dana Nutter, so now they're both gone everything's fine again...

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 15, 2011
          There is an option for moderating the group, where new members must have
          their membership approved by a moderator. Also there are options where a
          new member's first post to the group must be approved by a moderator
          before going out. Or a moderator can even make all of a member's
          messages need to be pre-approved.
          By using these options we could make the group totally spam free. But
          because I've been on groups with such options enabled, I can tell you
          they are a pain in the butt if you are a genuinely interested person.
          They are so off-putting, that at times, I've just given up and not
          bothered with a group because of it's overly strict policies.

          Benjamin Franklin

          My policy as moderator is to allow anyone to join without needing
          approval. I trust them by default until they prove themselves to be
          spammers. But at the first sign that a member is a spammer, their post
          is deleted and they get banned from the group! This is normally less
          than 24 hours after they post their naughty messages. Rest assured the
          spammer has already been booted out. And Chamavian, our other moderator,
          on the opposite side of the planet, in a different time-zone, also deals
          harshly with spammers.