Kolonialdeutsch / Weltdeutsch

    Message 1 of 34 , Oct 8, 2011
      I read that once (<WW I) there were serious plans for simplified, pidginized forms of German: Kolonialdeutsch and later Weltdeutsch.
      Does someone have any information about how these looked like?

      ich hab gelesen das einmal (befor de erst weltkrieg) es hab gegeben ernsthaft
      plane fuer einfach gemachen forme fon deutsch: kolonideutsch
      un mehr spaet weltdeutsch.
      hab jemand einig kentnis ueber wie das hab gesehn aus?
    • nordslesviger
      Message 34 of 34 , Oct 28, 2011
        Hi David

        It is a good example you came up with :-) Well, you are right if we don't use inflection we have to use something else to give the same meaning.

        > Ich gehe im Haus = I am walking around inside the house.
        > Ich gehe ins Haus = I am walking into the house.

        I would suggest:
        Ich gehe um in de Haus. (oder: Ich gehe um in de inner von de Haus)
        Ich gehe in de Haus.

        Seen from a native German speakers point of view it is bad German. But seen from my point it is just a different language with a another grammar.

        Björn