Fw: Re: [folkspraak] Re: Lyttel aktivitaet hier de laeste tied

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 8 3:32 PM
      Moi Ben,

      Dat is good, junge, al vergaeten un vergeven.

      Kiek, ik vind ä, ö, ü usw nich good as deel von de schrievwies voer Volkspraak, odder wilke andere kynstlike spraak ook, voerdat de internet kan nich umgaan met sykke spezielle letters, so as ymluden. Dat wardt unlaesbare tekens, man kan nich al de tied wesselen de kodering. Man schriev in Duetsche computerspraak vaak ae, oe un ue voer dysse bookstaven. In Volkspraak ae [E:], oe [2:] un ue [y:] as in Duetsch, aver alleen voer de lange luden.

      Ik versta egenlik dien voerslag nich so good, worym wil du maken de schrievwies swarer to verstaan? Dysse tekst is so nich meer to erkennen as in een Germaansche spraak, wel kan laesen dat noch?

      Natuerlik, dat is lustig to spoelen met spelling un luden, wi hebt dat doon ook allen in de begin, un doot dat vollicht noch wal. Man kan so eksperimenteren un uutproberen wat man vind schoen, wat man mag usw. Maen voer de stadium Volkspraak is nu in, dat is egenlig nich meer echt nyttig.

      Na jo, dat is wo ik denk oever dat...
      vollicht anderen wilt seggen noch wat anders to dat

    • Ben Vandenberg
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 8 3:45 PM
        Hallo, the problem is that when sending messages the coding to utf-8 or west-europees doen't work, and because of that all I've written comes over indeed like some alien like script, don't how to write in another way when the transcription of coding isn't working OK, regards, Benno van den Berg

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 9 12:36 AM
          Hi Ben,
          It's not simply a matter of the script having technical issues for
          displaying or transmitting by email. Not such a big problem as it was 10
          years ago anyway, because modern operating systems, browsers and email
          programs support Unicode. That issue is nearly resolved. In fact these
          days you can even have URLs in non-latin script.

          It's not so much even a problem for passively consuming (reading) stuff
          written with all those diacritical marks and special characters. Where
          the big problem still lies is in typing them. Not everyone has the
          patience to load special keyboard drivers or purchase special keyboards
          or learn how to use them. If I want to type edh (ð) as in Icelandic, and
          I don't have any Icelandic keyboard, how do it do? I know you can use
          options such as Character Map or add symbol...., but that's a very slow
          and painful way to work for most of us. I've actually written a personal
          Windows keyboard driver to enter the diacriticals that I like using
          easily, and I tell you, it's not for the faint-hearted.

          My father's been on holiday in Europe lately and i've not got any emails
          from him. His excuse is that in the Cybercafés, the keyboards are all
          different, varying from country to country. He can't even find the @ key
          on some of them.

          So being friendly to people so they can keep using the keyboard that
          they are familiar with is a major consideration. So far as I know every
          language that uses the Roman alphabet has a computer and typewriter
          keyboard that can do ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ without modification, in
          a single keystroke.
          They keyboards of most other languages, be they Greek, Chinese, Arabic,
          Hindi also have some ability to type simple Roman letters, because
          regardless of the language involved, these letters are needed for email
          addresses, URLs and scientific symbols.

          It's a pity, because the restriction to the basic 26 letters is a major
          headache for spelling most Germanic languages phonetically. I think
          Folksprak, could just be more elegant and less ambiguous
          orthographically if we were allowed to use just one or two diacritical
          marks.