Tribal names

  • folkweto_ahd_uuodan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2010
      I was curious as to the general method for structuring tribal names. -aes or -ii or -es ending? Is there a method to the madness? The reason I ask is I am a Germanic Heathen trying to establish a name for a local Heathen group. And rather than being goofy and using a really long corny name like Raven Hammer Wolf Kindred,etc. We are looking for a Pan Germanic alternative to Norse since we welcome folks from Anglo Saxon , Continental and Norse variants of our ancestral folkway and we'd like our name to reflect that. What about proto Germanic?
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 4, 2010
        You may like to try asking the members of the Theudiskon yahoo group.
        They are more concerned with ancient germanic languages than we are
        here. Good luck with that.