Re: New file uploaded to folkspraak

    Message 1 of 755 , Jun 1, 2010
      Well, we just stop now. Members that have left for this were members we didn't need anyway. But it wasn't so bad, was it? The only thing is that we should have written in in Folkspraak:
      Wil du fykke alenig prettig mingeled teen-maide oller okso older frue? ;-)

      --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, "anjarrette" <anjarrette@...> wrote:

      > My deepest apologies. I should have sent it to the private e-mail address. Members please come back! It won't happen again!
      >
      > --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, "David" <parked@> wrote:
      > >
      > > This conversation is going downhill fast. Members are leaving!
      > >
      > > --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, "anjarrette" <anjarrette@> wrote:

      > > > I meant "do you esteem mixed origin and beauty only in teenaged girls, as opposed to girls/women of other ages".

      > > > Yes, it's typically British, but unfortunately North Americans don't seem to have a word for it that does not sound vulgar (we can say "I'd like to do her" or "lay her", but I don't know, the terms never sound quite decent to me, and using the British term takes away some of the indecency, I think). Also "have sex with" to me sounds a little too explicit and direct, "shag" retains a bit of mystery and indirectness.
      > > >
      > > > Andrew

    • Andrew Jarrette
      Message 755 of 755 , Dec 22, 2012
        Oh, I get it, "bernstone" = "amber", and therefore relates to electricity (the original meaning of Greek _elektron_, and like Icelandic <rafmagn> "electricity", literally "amber-power"), so "bernstonebit" is an electron.  Is "bern-" from Middle English _bernen_ "to burn"? Or something else? [oh, actually I looked up "Bernstein" in Kluge and found that "Bern-" is from Low German _bernen_ "brennen" and "Bernstein" refers to "Brennbares Baumharz"]