Frenkisch Dictionary on Babylon

  • David
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8, 2010
      You may all be interested to know;

      I submitted the Babylon format of my Frenkisch Wordbouk to Babylon.com.

      After a very long wait of several weeks, they have added it to their online library of dictionaries and glossaries.

      http://www.babylon.com/free-dictionaries/languages/

      The amusing thing is, I don't think they knew quite what to make of it. I submitted it with not much explanation of what it was.

      My Frenkisch-English wordbouk can be found in the GERMAN section of the Babylon dictionarium. There is a constructed languages section of their dictionarium, it has Klingon and Sindarin and whatever. But it seems that Frenkisch was mistaken for a real language -- some peculiar dialect of German.

      Perhaps it's a sign that the name "Frenkisch", which is the name of a real German dialect, is not the best choice.