Re: New to group, best way to start learning?

    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 2, 2009
      Hi Scott and welcome to the group.

      No there isn't an agreed upon dialect or grammar yet. And, sorry, that grammar of mine is a bit old and obsolete at the moment.

      Ingmar, is there a current version of your Middelsprak grammar in the file section?

      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 5, 2009
        Hei Scott,

        Ik wil sege di welkomme hir oek!

        Ond to antworde David's frag: ja, dar is en recent version av de Middelsprak grammatik in de dokument-avdeling.

        Doch ik tenk dat et is better dat wi probere to gebruke Ferenigd Folksprak (FF), ond nit mer uns egen dialekt (David's, Stephan's ond Ingmar's FS).

        De tekst dat ik schriv nu is oek in FF, ond nit in Middelsprak.

        ik groet ju al hertlik

        Ingmar

        --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, "David Parke" <parked@...> wrote:

        > Hi Scott and welcome to the group.
        >
        > No there isn't an agreed upon dialect or grammar yet. And, sorry, that grammar of mine is a bit old and obsolete at the moment.
        >
        > Ingmar, is there a current version of your Middelsprak grammar in the file section?
        >
        > --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Heavner" <tangentaxis@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Being new to the group, what would be the best way to begin learning folkspraak (i have downloaded the concise grammar of David Parke). Are there any definitive grammars yet or agreed upon dialect?
        > >
        > > A sheynem dank,
        > > Scott

      • Scott Heavner
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 5, 2009
          Hei Ingmar,

          Is the FF grammar in the files section?

          Scott

          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 8, 2009
            Ja, dat is in de dokument-avdeling ;-)

            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 8, 2009
              Och, ontschuldig mi, dar is noch nit en FF grammatik... so du kan finde et oek nit in de dokument-avdeling.
              Antil nu, dar is alenig "Comparison of three Folksprak Varieties".

              In dat dokument ik fergelike de FS dialekt av David Park, av Stephan Schneider ond av mi selv (Ingmar Roerdinkholder), ond ik hav probered to make 1 gemensan form.

              Ik tenke dat wi kan gebruke mennig help mid dat, to ontweckele dat mer.

              Ingmar

              > Ja, dat is in de dokument-avdeling ;-)
              >
              > --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Heavner" <tangentaxis@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hei Ingmar,
              > >
              > > Is the FF grammar in the files section?
              > >
              > > Scott
              > >

              > > --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, "chamavian" <roerd096@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Hei Scott,
              > > >
              > > > Ik wil sege di welkomme hir oek!
              > > >
              > > > Ond to antworde David's frag: ja, dar is en recent version av de Middelsprak grammatik in de dokument-avdeling.
              > > >
              > > > Doch ik tenk dat et is better dat wi probere to gebruke Ferenigd Folksprak (FF), ond nit mer uns egen dialekt (David's, Stephan's ond Ingmar's FS).
              > > >
              > > > De tekst dat ik schriv nu is oek in FF, ond nit in Middelsprak.
              > > >
              > > > ik groet ju al hertlik

            • Scott Heavner
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 8, 2009
                Ok i'll take a look at that file. Thanks Ingmar :-). Hopefully soon i'll be able to converse with you without using English (Though I am understanding you well :-P).

                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 12, 2009
                  Ja, tank di. Ond ik hop oek dat de ander sprekers/schrivers schal gebruke FF nu, ond nit mer der egen dialekt...

                  --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Heavner" <tangentaxis@...> wrote:

                  > Ok i'll take a look at that file. Thanks Ingmar :-). Hopefully soon i'll be able to converse with you without using English (Though I am understanding you well :-P).
                  >
                  > Scott

                  > > Och, ontschuldig mi, dar is noch nit en FF grammatik... so du kan finde et oek nit in de dokument-avdeling.
                  > > Antil nu, dar is alenig "Comparison of three Folksprak Varieties".
                  > >
                  > > In dat dokument ik fergelike de FS dialekt av David Park, av Stephan Schneider ond av mi selv (Ingmar Roerdinkholder), ond ik hav probered to make 1 gemensan form.
                  > >
                  > > Ik tenke dat wi kan gebruke mennig help mid dat, to ontweckele dat mer.
                  > >
                  > > Ingmar
                  > >
                  > > --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, "chamavian" <roerd096@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Ja, dat is in de dokument-avdeling ;-)

                • ceigered
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 19, 2009
                    Hey all,

                    Pardon for my lack of understanding, but does this mean that there is no place to learn FF yet? I looked at the comparison of the 3 varieties and couldn't find Ferenigd Folkspraak, am I by chance looking in the wrong place?

                    Cheers,
                    Chrisso

                    > Ja, tank di. Ond ik hop oek dat de ander sprekers/schrivers schal gebruke FF nu, ond nit mer der egen dialekt...
                    >

                    > --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Heavner" <tangentaxis@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Ok i'll take a look at that file. Thanks Ingmar :-). Hopefully soon i'll be able to converse with you without using English (Though I am understanding you well :-P).
                    > >
                    > > Scott
                    > >
                    > > --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, "chamavian" <roerd096@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Och, ontschuldig mi, dar is noch nit en FF grammatik... so du kan finde et oek nit in de dokument-avdeling.
                    > > > Antil nu, dar is alenig "Comparison of three Folksprak Varieties".
                    > > >
                    > > > In dat dokument ik fergelike de FS dialekt av David Park, av Stephan Schneider ond av mi selv (Ingmar Roerdinkholder), ond ik hav probered to make 1 gemensan form.
                    > > >
                    > > > Ik tenke dat wi kan gebruke mennig help mid dat, to ontweckele dat mer.

                  • Scott Heavner
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 19, 2009
                      It's not just you. FF is absent from the group's files right now. Your
                      best bet is to use the comparison of 3 varieties and construct a happy
                      medium. Unfortunately there is not a standard dialect to choose from
                      or use. If you come up with any good ideas feel free to share them,
                      though. :-)

                      Scott

                      --
                      i left my heart in syntax error !@#$
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jul 19, 2009
                        Welcome to our new members.

                        People who are expecting a language ready for instant action are I think going to be disappointed.

                        There is no place to learn FS yet because there isn't a complete language yet. Just some varieties/dialects, none of which I would call complete or viable yet. What we really need at this stage are members who are willing to contribute, people with some experience in Germanic linguistics to help research and build up the vocabulary. Fresh ideas are also welcome. Although before re-inventing the wheel and creating one's own "dialect" of FS, please consider looking at what is already in place and see if you can contribute anything to improve them.

                        Me and Ingmar /Chamavian both have our own Yahoo groups with our own projects for building inter-germanic languages. You can check these out:
                        Ingmar's:

                        Mine (David Parke):

                        Our approaches are quite different you will find.

                        On this group we are working to create a co-operative joint project. Hopefully with the best ideas from our own projects and with the help of other like-minded people, we will create the best constructed language that has ever existed.

                        If you want a some international/inter-germanic vocabulary, take a look at my file uberlist4293-ny ortografi.xls.

                        This may be found in the files section of this group in the "vordenbuk" folder.

                        Welcome,
                        David Parke.

                        Message 11 of 12 , Jul 24, 2009
                          Hey Scott and David,
                          Cheers for that information :)
                          While at first the fact there is no current standard does make things intimidating, I would have to say that I can understand the current situation of the Folkspraak project. I'm an amateur linguist at best, so I don't know how much practical help I'll be, but I'll stick by and wait for the best constructed language that has ever existed ;)

                          And I've seen Frenkisch and Middelsprake before, good work on them by the way!

                          (and in regards to reinventing the wheel, I don't think I'd be doing that, any auxlangs I try to design are generally aimed at different groups or just for fun :) )