The Seven Steps; was Re: Poll results for folkspraak

    Message 1 of 133 , Feb 17, 2009
      To make it even easier, I copied David's instructions from the Files
      section how to go to the request for tech support page and write a
      letter. So go for it!
      Ingmar

      1] Go to any Yahoo! group.
      First make sure that you
      are "signed in". Then
      click on My Groups

      2] Click on Joining and
      Participating in a Group

      3] Click on Contact Us

      4] Click on Tech Support

      5] Fill in this form as
      follows. Be sure to
      fill in every field
      unless it is optional.

      6] Write your
      own letter of
      complaint in
      this box. Use
      the suggested
      thoughts on the
      following page:

      The current moderators are Jeffrey Henning "jeffreyalanhenning"
      and Brian Davis "bribri562000"
      They have not posted since at the latest January 2005 or done
      any active moderator activity since that time.
      We have made attempts to contact them with no response.
      There has been since then a large amount of off-topic postings and
      links
      to such off-topic websites as pornography and on-line gambling.
      That this off-topic activity is unwelcome, detrimental to the group
      and
      off-putting to current members and to prospective members
      Folkspraak has been a very popular constructed language group in the
      past.
      That the current active members have held a poll and unanimously
      elected
      David Parke -- Yahoo! user "parked71" to take over as moderator.
      We request that parked71 be changed from member to
      group moderator of the Folkspraak group.

      7] Click on Submit

      Message 133 of 133 , Mar 13, 2009
        The following folkspraak poll is now closed. Here are the
        final results:

        POLL QUESTION: INDICATIVE POLL. NON BINDING
        What should the responsibilities of the moderator(s) of the Folkspraak group be? Of the following options, each has cumulatively more power and it should be taken as a read that each option includes the powers listed in the previous options. So for example choice 5 will include the powers listed in Choice 5 and also those in Choices 1-4. Please choose carefully, I was unable to get the poll to list the options in numerical order, so pay attention to the numbers.

        CHOICES AND RESULTS
        - 4. The moderator should intervene by issuing reminders to members to avoid annoying off-topic and abusive posts., 2 votes, 22.22%
        - 5. The moderator should actively intervene in the case of annoying/abusive posts by moderating/blocking the posts of offending members., 3 votes, 33.33%
        - 2. The moderator should do nothing exept make changes to the group setting as requested by the group members as the result of a group poll., 0 votes, 0.00%
        - 6. The moderator has the descretionary power to approve new memberships and approving new members' posts., 0 votes, 0.00%
        - 1. At this stage the moderator should do nothing except have the power to create a sucessor moderator when we decide what we at a later date what we want to do., 0 votes, 0.00%
        - 3. The moderator should keep the group free of spammers. He/She has the discretionary power to delete spam posts, links and files and ban spammers., 0 votes, 0.00%
        - 7. The moderator has the descretionary power to ban abusive or destructive members., 2 votes, 22.22%
        - 8. The moderator acts as Group President, directing the overall effort of the group. This could include having over control over the form of FS and insisting on the usage of standardized forms., 2 votes, 22.22%
        - 9. Other. Please share with the group what you think,, 0 votes, 0.00%

        INDIVIDUAL VOTES
        - 4. The moderator should intervene by issuing reminders to members to avoid annoying off-topic and abusive posts.
        - rdw.young@...
        - mr_clevver@...
        - roerd096@...
        - parked@...
        - stefichjo@...
        - anjarrette@...
        - meinNW@...
        - 8. The moderator acts as Group President, directing the overall effort of the group. This could include having over control over the form of FS and insisting on the usage of standardized forms.
        - yahoo@...
        - bribri56@...
        - 9. Other. Please share with the group what you think,

        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/folkspraak