Poll results for folkspraak

  • folkspraak@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 133 , Feb 17, 2009
      The following folkspraak poll is now closed. Here are the
      final results:

      POLL QUESTION: The current moderators and owners of the Folkspraak Yahoo! Group
      appear to have ceased to take an interest in this group. They have not
      played an active role in moderation for several years. Because of
      this, the group has a serious problem with spammers and other
      off-topic posters.
      Should the current members approach Yahoo Technical Support and
      request that group member, David Parke (Yahoo! user name parked71) be
      made an interim moderator?

      1. Yes. David Parke (parked71) should be made interim moderator.
      2. No. Retain the status quo.

      CHOICES AND RESULTS
      - Yes. David Parke (parked71) should be made interim moderator, 19 votes, 100.00%
      - No. Retain the status quo., 0 votes, 0.00%

      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/folkspraak

    • folkspraak@yahoogroups.com
      Message 133 of 133 , Mar 13, 2009
        The following folkspraak poll is now closed. Here are the
        final results:

        POLL QUESTION: INDICATIVE POLL. NON BINDING
        What should the responsibilities of the moderator(s) of the Folkspraak group be? Of the following options, each has cumulatively more power and it should be taken as a read that each option includes the powers listed in the previous options. So for example choice 5 will include the powers listed in Choice 5 and also those in Choices 1-4. Please choose carefully, I was unable to get the poll to list the options in numerical order, so pay attention to the numbers.

        CHOICES AND RESULTS
        - 4. The moderator should intervene by issuing reminders to members to avoid annoying off-topic and abusive posts., 2 votes, 22.22%
        - 5. The moderator should actively intervene in the case of annoying/abusive posts by moderating/blocking the posts of offending members., 3 votes, 33.33%
        - 2. The moderator should do nothing exept make changes to the group setting as requested by the group members as the result of a group poll., 0 votes, 0.00%
        - 6. The moderator has the descretionary power to approve new memberships and approving new members' posts., 0 votes, 0.00%
        - 1. At this stage the moderator should do nothing except have the power to create a sucessor moderator when we decide what we at a later date what we want to do., 0 votes, 0.00%
        - 3. The moderator should keep the group free of spammers. He/She has the discretionary power to delete spam posts, links and files and ban spammers., 0 votes, 0.00%
        - 7. The moderator has the descretionary power to ban abusive or destructive members., 2 votes, 22.22%
        - 8. The moderator acts as Group President, directing the overall effort of the group. This could include having over control over the form of FS and insisting on the usage of standardized forms., 2 votes, 22.22%
        - 9. Other. Please share with the group what you think,, 0 votes, 0.00%

        INDIVIDUAL VOTES
        - 4. The moderator should intervene by issuing reminders to members to avoid annoying off-topic and abusive posts.
        - rdw.young@...
        - mr_clevver@...
        - roerd096@...
        - parked@...