Re: Extra junk in the Links section

    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 1, 2008
      Moving files, links etc is really no big deal at all, it took me less
      than an hour in total when I opened the Middelsprake yahoo group a
      few months ago.

      I think that this MS group may be reintegrated into a newly to be
      opened group. Maybe we should change the name, "Folkspra(a)k" is an
      old denominator, we could think for instance about "Germanic auxiliar
      languages" - yes, plural, to make it more general and avoid all the
      conflicts about compulsary unity, instead of accepting the fact that
      there are (still) different forms.

      One thing that I think is really worth it to take with me from the
      Middelsprake group, is the writing in the language itself.

      When you take a look here,
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Middelsprake
      you'll see that almost everything is written in Middelsprake, not in
      English. An example is the (bilingual) introduction:

      Middelspraak (kort: MS) is een kunstlig maked spraak dat is basered
      up de wichtigest levend Germanisch sprake. De grammatika is simpel on
      regelmatig, wat make dat licht to lerne. Man kan forgelike
      Middelspraak mid Interlingua, de kunstlig spraak basered up
      Latin/Romanisch, in dat for de meest sprekers af een oller meer
      Germanisch sprake, mennig af een MS tekst schal wese forstaan direkt,
      uter enig to lerne fyrst. De levend Germanisch sprake, uter
      Engelisch, have rund 170 miljon sprekers.
      For Engelisch sprekers MS is okso mennig lichter to lerne dan, saege,
      Duetisch, Nederlandisch oller Swedisch.
      MS have een regelmatig spelling, aleen regelmatig wirk-worde, aleen
      een enig kyn on een enig fal, regelmatig meertal on kenne nik
      een "umlaut".
      Du kan finde uut meer af de spraak's grammatika, wordschat, tekste,
      luud-dokuments etc. in de "Files" afdeling.

      Ingmar

      --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, Project Lykos <lykosha@...> wrote:

      > Greetings to all:
      >
      > Well, I contacted Yahoo! customer service, and they directed me to
      Yahoo!Groups help. A search on that told me that at this time, they
      don't have the '"ability" to let anyone adopt the group... the only
      answer is to create a new group (as the previous message said), and
      maybe we could direct everybody to the new group on the old one. No
      more posting, and slowly but surely move files, links and etc. to the
      new board.

      > This is probably our best bet... unless we can get ahold of the old
      owner.

      > I will support the decision or poll made here. I want this
      language to succeed.

      > Sincerely,
      > Yngvaar Ulfsen
      > "Project Lykos"

    • Doug Casey
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 1, 2008
        It would be nice to just decide that there are competing dialects and let it be; however, it seems to me that message conversations could get rather confusing with several different languages being discussed or written in.
        Just some thoughts...

        -Rolf

        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 1, 2008
          Hey, I didn't know that site!
          Dave, I'm curious to see a sample of Frenkisch ;-)

          --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, Doug Casey <fisheromen1031@...>

          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 6, 2008
            David, any news about reaching Yahoo?
            And you did not give your opinion yet about my proposal below...
            so what do you think about it?

            Ingmar

            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 9, 2008
              No, no news at all. Not from Jeffry Henning or from Yahoo!.
              I know that there is a group called "Folksprak" already, started by
              Stephan Schneider. Perhaps Stephan can be persuaded to return to our
              fold. Or at least be nice enough to make some of us moderators to that
              Group.

              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 13, 2008
                On the Germaniconlang site, I have left a Grammar and a Dictionary of
                Frenkisch. You'll have to join the group to read them.