Re: [folkspraak] Digest Number 1695

  • Paul LeCorde
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2008
      I received this from another group I belong to... I have never tried it but
      maybe it would be of some help....

      Subject: "How to become a moderator of an abandoned/unmoderated yahoo
      group?"

      Have you been a member of a yahoo group which suddenly has been abandoned by
      its owner and there has been no activity in that group for a long time? Do
      you miss the activity in that group and wish you could become the moderator
      of the group and give it a new life? If you answered yes to any of these
      questions, the info below may be just what you are looking for:

      QUESTION:
      "How did you become a moderator of an abandoned/unmoderat ed group?"

      ANSWER:
      A few important things first, (1) you have to be a member of the abandoned
      group, (2) there has to have been no moderated activity (moderator approving
      members, messages, photos, ect) for a while (I don't know what actual
      time-limit is), (3) if successful, yahoo will make you a moderator with full
      privileges (they will not make you an owner... ever. And if the actual group
      owner somehow returns, he/she will still have the power to take away yours).

      Step 1: Go to your "My Groups" page.

      Step 2: At the top of the page, click "Help"

      Step 3: At the top of the page, click "Contact Us"

      Step 4: Click on the "Technical Help Form"

      Step 5: Answer as many of the questions as possible. (Question 8 should read
      "Groups - Other" and Question 9 should include how long the group has been
      unmoderated, if messages are moderated, and if the poll function is
      available (trust me, it's important)

      Someone from yahoo should contact you within 24 hours to tell you what can
      be done. REMEMBER: THE GROUP MUST BE UNMODERATED OR YAHOO WILL NOT HELP YOU!
      Once you have been contacted by yahoo, if they tell you to create a
      moderator poll, do it, but DO NOT DELETE THE MESSAGE YOU WERE SENT! You will
      have to reply to it after the poll is closed.