Re: [folkspraak] Re: Extra junk in the Links section

  • Doug Casey
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 29, 2008
      How do we get the years worth of content and discussion transfered over?
      Idea... Someone could compile all of the group messages into a text or html file so that we can still have all of that as reference.  I think it would be important to have past decisions and discussion readily available.

      -Rolf

      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 30, 2008
        Greetings to all:

        Well, I contacted Yahoo! customer service, and they directed me to Yahoo!Groups help. A search on that told me that at this time, they don't have the '"ability" to let anyone adopt the group... the only answer is to create a new group (as the previous message said), and maybe we could direct everybody to the new group on the old one. No more posting, and slowly but surely move files, links and etc. to the new board.

        This is probably our best bet... unless we can get ahold of the old owner.

        I will support the decision or poll made here. I want this language to succeed.

        Sincerely,
        Yngvaar Ulfsen
        "Project Lykos"
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 30, 2008
          Thanks. I have also followed Paul LeCorde's instructions and posted a
          request on Yahoo help.

          If we made a new group, we could regularly leave messages on this
          group directing users to the new group. These messages would need to
          be at least a frequent as the spam messages.

          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 1, 2008
            Moving files, links etc is really no big deal at all, it took me less
            than an hour in total when I opened the Middelsprake yahoo group a
            few months ago.

            I think that this MS group may be reintegrated into a newly to be
            opened group. Maybe we should change the name, "Folkspra(a)k" is an
            old denominator, we could think for instance about "Germanic auxiliar
            languages" - yes, plural, to make it more general and avoid all the
            conflicts about compulsary unity, instead of accepting the fact that
            there are (still) different forms.

            One thing that I think is really worth it to take with me from the
            Middelsprake group, is the writing in the language itself.

            When you take a look here,
            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Middelsprake
            you'll see that almost everything is written in Middelsprake, not in
            English. An example is the (bilingual) introduction:

            Middelspraak (kort: MS) is een kunstlig maked spraak dat is basered
            up de wichtigest levend Germanisch sprake. De grammatika is simpel on
            regelmatig, wat make dat licht to lerne. Man kan forgelike
            Middelspraak mid Interlingua, de kunstlig spraak basered up
            Latin/Romanisch, in dat for de meest sprekers af een oller meer
            Germanisch sprake, mennig af een MS tekst schal wese forstaan direkt,
            uter enig to lerne fyrst. De levend Germanisch sprake, uter
            Engelisch, have rund 170 miljon sprekers.
            For Engelisch sprekers MS is okso mennig lichter to lerne dan, saege,
            Duetisch, Nederlandisch oller Swedisch.
            MS have een regelmatig spelling, aleen regelmatig wirk-worde, aleen
            een enig kyn on een enig fal, regelmatig meertal on kenne nik
            een "umlaut".
            Du kan finde uut meer af de spraak's grammatika, wordschat, tekste,
            luud-dokuments etc. in de "Files" afdeling.

            Ingmar

            --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, Project Lykos <lykosha@...> wrote:

            > Greetings to all:
            >
            > Well, I contacted Yahoo! customer service, and they directed me to
            Yahoo!Groups help. A search on that told me that at this time, they
            don't have the '"ability" to let anyone adopt the group... the only
            answer is to create a new group (as the previous message said), and
            maybe we could direct everybody to the new group on the old one. No
            more posting, and slowly but surely move files, links and etc. to the
            new board.

            > This is probably our best bet... unless we can get ahold of the old
            owner.

            > I will support the decision or poll made here. I want this
            language to succeed.

            > Sincerely,
            > Yngvaar Ulfsen
            > "Project Lykos"

          • Doug Casey
            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 1, 2008
              It would be nice to just decide that there are competing dialects and let it be; however, it seems to me that message conversations could get rather confusing with several different languages being discussed or written in.
              Just some thoughts...

              -Rolf

              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 1, 2008
                Hey, I didn't know that site!
                Dave, I'm curious to see a sample of Frenkisch ;-)

                --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, Doug Casey <fisheromen1031@...>

                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 6, 2008
                  David, any news about reaching Yahoo?
                  And you did not give your opinion yet about my proposal below...
                  so what do you think about it?

                  Ingmar

                  Message 8 of 15 , Oct 9, 2008
                    No, no news at all. Not from Jeffry Henning or from Yahoo!.
                    I know that there is a group called "Folksprak" already, started by
                    Stephan Schneider. Perhaps Stephan can be persuaded to return to our
                    fold. Or at least be nice enough to make some of us moderators to that
                    Group.

                    Message 9 of 15 , Oct 13, 2008
                      On the Germaniconlang site, I have left a Grammar and a Dictionary of
                      Frenkisch. You'll have to join the group to read them.