Re: If I Were To Study This Fine Tongue, He Says...

  • Mark G
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 21, 2008
      Understandable-- conlangs are a very hard beast to tame-- it's hard
      enough for one person to be satisfied enough with his own conlang to
      "freeze" or standardize it, let alone a team of collaborators!

      Hmmmmm-- then are there perhaps any numbers that might suggest a most
      popular or generally universal register?

      --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, "clayton_rc" <entrelenga@...> wrote:

      > There is no consensus on a standard Folkspraak. Much has been
      > discussed, but little has been settled. There are relatively advanced
      > versions, and others mostly underdeveloped (like mine), but they have
      > their own separate names (Sprak, Middelspraak, Twisspraak (mine) and
      > many others).
      >

      > --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, "Mark G" <codename_gimmick@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hey all! I'm not exactly new here, but I'm posting for the first time
      > > because, well, I think I've finally got the time to have a go at
      > > learning Folkspraak!
      > >
      > > Buuuuuuuut, I can't seem to find any details on the 'final' version of
      > > the language-- I see plenty of material regarding dialects, revisions,
      > > tentative versions, etc., so if I were to want to learn a version of
      > > the language that could be called relatively standard or universal to
      > > start, where could I find that material? Any help would be quite
      > > appreciated!
      > >
      > > -Marko

    • jorcaiba
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 15, 2008
        Hello! I´m also new here and a bit lost, with all those files, links
        and millions of messages posted over years. If there are different
        propoasals for a Germanic standard and there is no consensus yet it
        may be helpful (for the potencial users like us) to have a grammar and
        dictionary with all the different versions, where the different
        criteria used by the proponents were exposed and compared, and in
        this way the users would be able to decide for themselves. What do you
        think?
      • Doug Casey
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 15, 2008
          That sounds great.  I think the trick is getting the various dialect proponents/authors rounded up to put that together.  I know there are some descriptions and dictionary/grammar lists, but most of them seem pretty old.
          Another problem is that it seems that the Folkspraak Yahoo! group may be moving its files and discussion to a new Yahoo! group.

          -Rolf