Re: Have we killed Folksprak? or: Pulling a dead horse

    Message 1 of 41 , Jan 13, 2008
      Well, I myself learnt Interlingua (IALA) in less than a day... but I
      know quite a lot of French, reasonably understand Spanish and
      Portuguese and even some Latin, so probably that doesn't really
      count ;-) By the way, did you know that English is a main source
      language for Interlingua, too? That's why it's so easy to learn, I'm
      sure it can well be mastered in a few weeks.
      Anyway, because of IALA I was inspired to develop Middelsprake, its
      Germanic equivalent.
      And my goal is not a huge vocabulary, I believe in making a word not
      earlier than when I need it, based on the source languages of course,
      except for a basic vocab and grammar, of course.

      Chamavian

      --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, "nordslesviger"

      Message 41 of 41 , Jan 25, 2008
        I am afraid I don't know that site... and I couldn't find it either.
        Anyway, I suppose that is not an "official" site about Folksprak, I
        guess it's by one of this group's ex members.

        But I consider this Yahoo group here as the only "real" site about
        Folksprak, the only place with a right to use that name and where the
        language should be developed, and the rest is no part of that and
        should not be seen as representative for the language.

        I admit it is confusing for newcomers and I think the people that
        aren't part of us should give their conlangs and sites different
        names than Folksprak or the like.

        So if I were you, I wouldn't use this kind of sites anymore. In our
        Files section you can find more useful things.

        I hope I gave right info here and did not offend any of our present
        members, because, as I told, I couldn't find the site that was
        mentioned by Masa Saitou

        --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, Saitou Masakazu <smasakazu@...>