Have we killed Folksprak? or: Pulling a dead horse

    Message 1 of 41 , Jan 1, 2008
      Happy New Year for all (two or three) of you !

      I hope some of your dreams will get true this year, or at least that
      your nightmares won't get worse ;-)

      For Folksprak, I'm not so optimistic.

      In Dutch there is an expression "trekken aan een dood paard", which
      reminds me at the present FS situation here.

      Lit. it means: "pulling a dead horse". You can pull/draw as much as
      you want at a dead horse, but it won't get up anymore, it won't get
      to live again.

      Maybe Folksprak is dead, too.
      Maybe we've killed it ourselves.
      Our at least this group here.

      The question is: how bad is that?

      For me the Folksprak group was a nice opportunity to philosophate and
      share knowledge about (Pan-) Germanic linguistics, from the base of
      the MS variety of my own. That was the fun in it for me.

      A few members had pretty good ideas, a few others pretty bad ones and
      the rest none at all.

      But overall we can say: we couldn't come to the point of making one
      Folksprak, so what's the point actually?

      I don't know.

      Ingmar
      Message 41 of 41 , Jan 25, 2008
        I am afraid I don't know that site... and I couldn't find it either.
        Anyway, I suppose that is not an "official" site about Folksprak, I
        guess it's by one of this group's ex members.

        But I consider this Yahoo group here as the only "real" site about
        Folksprak, the only place with a right to use that name and where the
        language should be developed, and the rest is no part of that and
        should not be seen as representative for the language.

        I admit it is confusing for newcomers and I think the people that
        aren't part of us should give their conlangs and sites different
        names than Folksprak or the like.

        So if I were you, I wouldn't use this kind of sites anymore. In our
        Files section you can find more useful things.

        I hope I gave right info here and did not offend any of our present
        members, because, as I told, I couldn't find the site that was
        mentioned by Masa Saitou

        --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, Saitou Masakazu <smasakazu@...>