Re: [folkspraak] Suggestions

  • Stephan Schneider
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 28, 2007
      Hi (what's your name?),

      Welcome to the group. Let me give you some feed-back:

      These are features that I don't agree with, I have already thought about
      them before and decided another way for my version of FS.

      You use the ending "-e" for verbs. I use this, too, but for infinitives,
      not for the normal present tense. "ik kom", "kome" - "I come", "to come".

      You use "te". I use this, too, but only in order to have an unstressed
      form of "to": "to testyre" - "to destroy" (DE "zerstören")

      You use capital letters for nouns, I don't, as this isn't neccessary and
      German only.

      Apparently you write "-aa" at the end of a word ("fraa"). I write "-o"
      then (at the end of a word: ik go, ik sto, so, fro, ...).

      I use the plural ending "-en". "-e" is used for nominalisation: "god -
      de gode" - "good - the good one".

      A text with less propper names would be more adequate to discuss basic
      orthography issues.

      Bye,
      Stephan

      atamskuuk schrieb:
      > "Potet (Solanum tuberosum) er en Rotfrutt dat hore te de Famili
      > Potetplante. De Nam Potet komme fraa de Spenishes papa dat vider komme
      > fraa De Kuechua (Fr. pomme de terre; Ertepel). In nort Svearik er di
      > kaldet pärer. Okk in de sudlikest dele fon Svearik (Skåne od västra
      > Blekinge) habe di en likartig Nam, pärer od kunne in dise bide enig
      > okk bien kaldet pantoffler."

    • atamskuuk
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 29, 2007
        I actually removed this before you answered, but ah, well.

        Anyway, could you like me to the most recent list of words you guys
        have written? Is it the one at the Folkspraak Institute website?

        Oh, and "jag heter Adam", and I'm from Sweden.

        --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, Stephan Schneider <sts@...> wrote:

        > Hi (what's your name?),
        >
        > Welcome to the group. Let me give you some feed-back:
        >
        > These are features that I don't agree with, I have already thought
        about
        > them before and decided another way for my version of FS.
        >

        > You use the ending "-e" for verbs. I use this, too, but for
        infinitives,
        > not for the normal present tense. "ik kom", "kome" - "I come", "to
        come".

        > You use "te". I use this, too, but only in order to have an unstressed
        > form of "to": "to testyre" - "to destroy" (DE "zerstören")
        >
        > You use capital letters for nouns, I don't, as this isn't neccessary
        and
        > German only.
        >
        > Apparently you write "-aa" at the end of a word ("fraa"). I write "-o"
        > then (at the end of a word: ik go, ik sto, so, fro, ...).
        >
        > I use the plural ending "-en". "-e" is used for nominalisation: "god -
        > de gode" - "good - the good one".
        >

        > A text with less propper names would be more adequate to discuss basic
        > orthography issues.
        >

        > Bye,
        > Stephan
        >

        > atamskuuk schrieb:
        > > "Potet (Solanum tuberosum) er en Rotfrutt dat hore te de Famili
        > > Potetplante. De Nam Potet komme fraa de Spenishes papa dat vider komme
        > > fraa De Kuechua (Fr. pomme de terre; Ertepel). In nort Svearik er di
        > > kaldet pärer. Okk in de sudlikest dele fon Svearik (Skåne od västra
        > > Blekinge) habe di en likartig Nam, pärer od kunne in dise bide enig
        > > okk bien kaldet pantoffler."

      • atamskuuk
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 29, 2007
          I actually removed the post before you answered, but ah, well.

          Anyway, could you link me to the most recent list of words that you
          guys have made? Is it the one at the Folkspråk Institute website?

          Oh, and "jag heter Adam", and I'm from Sweden.

          --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, Stephan Schneider <sts@...> wrote:

          > Hi (what's your name?),
          >
          > Welcome to the group. Let me give you some feed-back:
          >
          > These are features that I don't agree with, I have already thought
          about
          > them before and decided another way for my version of FS.
          >

          > You use the ending "-e" for verbs. I use this, too, but for
          infinitives,
          > not for the normal present tense. "ik kom", "kome" - "I come", "to
          come".

          > You use "te". I use this, too, but only in order to have an unstressed
          > form of "to": "to testyre" - "to destroy" (DE "zerstören")
          >
          > You use capital letters for nouns, I don't, as this isn't neccessary
          and
          > German only.
          >
          > Apparently you write "-aa" at the end of a word ("fraa"). I write "-o"
          > then (at the end of a word: ik go, ik sto, so, fro, ...).
          >
          > I use the plural ending "-en". "-e" is used for nominalisation: "god -
          > de gode" - "good - the good one".
          >

          > A text with less propper names would be more adequate to discuss basic
          > orthography issues.
          >

          > Bye,
          > Stephan
          >

          > atamskuuk schrieb:
          > > "Potet (Solanum tuberosum) er en Rotfrutt dat hore te de Famili
          > > Potetplante. De Nam Potet komme fraa de Spenishes papa dat vider komme
          > > fraa De Kuechua (Fr. pomme de terre; Ertepel). In nort Svearik er di
          > > kaldet pärer. Okk in de sudlikest dele fon Svearik (Skåne od västra
          > > Blekinge) habe di en likartig Nam, pärer od kunne in dise bide enig
          > > okk bien kaldet pantoffler."

        • Stephan Schneider
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 29, 2007
            Hi Adam,

            The so called Folkspraak Institute is out of date. The development and
            discussion of this project takes place only in this group.

            This is a set of sentences that Ingmar, David and Stephan (me) agreed on:
            http://de.wikibooks.org/wiki/Folksprak/_Kurs

            This is my word list:
            http://de.wikibooks.org/wiki/Folksprak/_Wortschatz
            http://de.wikibooks.org/wiki/Folksprak/_Wortschatz/_Fremdw%C3%B6rter

            (One for mainly Germanic roots, one for mainly Romance roots.)

            David's word list can be found in the files section ("Ueberlist").

            Have fun!
            Stephan