Re: [folkspraak] Re: irregular verbs; was: conjugations

  • Hugo Cesar de Castro Carneiro
    Message 1 of 49 , Mar 5 8:55 AM
      ga gang gangen (easier)

      Message 49 of 49 , Mar 7 5:06 PM
        Hi Isaac,

        Like is written in Wikipedia:
        "Class 6 verbs in modern German: *fahren, graben, laden, schaffen, schlagen,
        tragen, waschen*; also *backen, fragen*, though these are usually weak
        nowadays; with j-present: *heben, schwören*. The past tense and participle
        of *stehen* (*stand*, older *stund*, *gestanden*), which derive from a lost
        verb **standen*, also belong to this class."

        Take a look at this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germanic_strong_verbs

        Hugo Cesar